OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Blob target

Started by VAHUNTER, February 09, 2011, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i ordered two of these and the came today. all i can say is WOW. i will not need another Broadhead target for 10 years. they are a little pricey but they will pay for there selves. they last for years.

www.blobtargets.com

Good things come to those who wait

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 09, 2011, 07:39:12 PM
i ordered two of these and the came today. all i can say is WOW. i will not need another Broadhead target for 10 years. they are a little pricey but they will pay for there selves. they last for years.

www.blobtargets.com

Oh man  I can't wait to shoot the crap out of that thing tommorow with ya....   I might have to pick up a few.....

StreetHowitzer

I picked up one last month too. First set of shots with broadhead and FP almost never got out. I now put some dish soap on the end of the arrow before shooting so I can get the arrows out. You have the same problem? What is your solution?
~Anthony

Ack

I heard that until you shoot them A LOT they are a pain to pull arrows out of. Nice large target surface though!

Nature's Echo Calls ProStaff

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Ack on February 10, 2011, 11:02:49 AM
I heard that until you shoot them A LOT they are a pain to pull arrows out of. Nice large target surface though!
i shot mine today. and you did not hear wrong !!! i just about pulled my guts out  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: 3.5painfuldeath came over and we run to our local pro shop. i bought a bottle of OMP friction fighter and a hand grip arrow puller. it helps alot but still hard LOL.

clarksvalley

i guess its easy arrow removal or target life you can`t have both.how much for the shipping,i was checking out the 24x24 size and 10 weighs 100lbs. and the 12 110lbs.

hookedspur

I have heard that they do hold up very well. Nice target.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

VAHUNTER

Quote from: clarksvalley on February 12, 2011, 08:26:21 AM
i guess its easy arrow removal or target life you can`t have both.how much for the shipping,i was checking out the 24x24 size and 10 weighs 100lbs. and the 12 110lbs.
i ordered one of each. the 10" and the 12". after getting use to the arrow pull its not to bad. i really like them both. the shipping is FREE !!!!!

clarksvalley

wow free shipping on that weight.looks like i`m going to give it a try.

keyser12ga

I was watching these for awhile, but they used to not ship them, just started a few months ago.  Will get one with the tax refund!

VAHUNTER

Quote from: keyser12ga on February 16, 2011, 11:53:11 AM
I was watching these for awhile, but they used to not ship them, just started a few months ago.  Will get one with the tax refund!
between the 24x24x10 in the box and the 24x24x12 out of the box the 10" is easier to pull arrows. but if you are shooting thousands and thousands of broadheads the 12" will hold up better. JMO

You will need a arrow puller for both. with a good arrow puller they are not that bad

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: StreetHowitzer on February 10, 2011, 11:00:36 AM
I picked up one last month too. First set of shots with broadhead and FP almost never got out. I now put some dish soap on the end of the arrow before shooting so I can get the arrows out. You have the same problem? What is your solution?

I'll have to try that.  I have had mine for about 8 months and have only shot about 2 dozen arrows into it because of the difficulty pulling arrows out.  I had to turn my target on its back and stand on it to pull the arrows out.  I did try a little KY liquid on my arrows, which made them pull out a bit easier.  I hadn't thought of trying dish soap, and I wouldn't be nearly as embarrassed buying it at walmart.  ;D
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

VAHUNTER

i use a rubber arrow puller . the arrows come out pretty easy . about like shooting into a new 3D deer. i used "frixion fighter" at first but now i do not need it.

old frank

I always use the "spray and wipe" car wax and spray the first 4 or 5 inches of the arrow shaft and then buff it off.

I don't know about the blob but it works on most any other target I have shot.

keyser12ga

My bowshop started stocking a product by 30 06 outdoors called String Snot and Arrow Snot.  I picked up some of the string snot to try, should have bought the arrow snot too.  It is a really light coating made to be able to withdraw the arrows easier.