OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ground Blinds?

Started by sulpher turk, March 16, 2016, 09:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sulpher turk

bass pro's black out vs cabelas vs primos? anyone hand any luck on these brands?

Greg Massey

I ask about ground blinds last week on the forum...a lot of the people like Primos double bull and some like the ameristep brickhouse and doghouse...couple like the new primos shack attach...I would say the double bull won on the most likes...because of the amount of room it has...

Planner

I bought the Cabelas zonz this past fall and used for it for archery season. So far I really like the quality of the blind. Lots of room, easy to set up, shoot through windows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beakbuster10

I've got a barronett bell bottom and love it. Great company, great product, great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snapper1982

Buy the last brand you will ever own. Rhino!

MK M GOBL

So there is some distinction here... Primos has blinds separate of "Double Bull" and there are differences. Cabela's offers a number of blinds, was just looking at their new Stealth Hunter 5. 

There is a heck of a deal on a Double Bull Bullpen right now at Cabela's for $179.00! that's $120 off!!!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/primos-174-double-bull-bullpen-ground-blind-ndash-mossy-oak-reg-obsession-reg-/1976989.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Ddouble%252Bbull%252Bblind%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=double+bull+blind

MK M GOBL

sulpher turk

I got the primos double bulll pen. Its defentily worth the money very well made. :z-guntootsmiley: :agreed:

whiskey

I found a Primos Club XL delivered for 90.00 on Amazon last week. Good reviews. I set it up and didn't see any issues.

Roost 1

Quote from: whiskey on March 18, 2016, 09:53:20 PM
I found a Primos Club XL delivered for 90.00 on Amazon last week. Good reviews. I set it up and didn't see any issues.

This blind is bigger than any double bull and it's lighter .... Great buy!!!

wvmntnhick

I've had 3 blinds in the past. All 3 were ameristep. One was a hub style and the others were the spring loaded type. The hub had way more room than the spring loaded ones and I liked sitting in it more. The others were almost to small for one guy to really bow hunt out of. At full draw my bow pushed against the front and my elbow would hit the back. For using a crossbow I'm sure it'd be fine. Using a gun would be fine as well. Fitting two adults in there gets quite tight though. Tried it last year with my buddy for turkeys and it was a joke. We may as well have held hands and skipped through the park as it certainly felt as if we were sitting on each other's laps. I believe that it was the doghouse model. If it were me, and I'm looking at putting more than just myself in the blind, I'd get something larger.

TRKYKLR

I've got 2 Primos Double Bulls and love them. Birds will get close enough that they brush the side of the blind.