Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

We are on the board.

Started by davisd9, March 15, 2016, 08:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Will let the hunter post more info but Spring 2016 has started great for the Spur Collectors!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Killed one at 7:15 this morning. Will post details and pics later. Scores out a 51.375 an eager to die two year old.

trkehunr93

Nice!  Love those suicidal 2 year olds

dirt road ninja

Not much to tell on this one. Got up and walked into one of my favorite areas and listened. Didn't hear a thing, so I picked a pretty spot to sit and waited for good day light to call. At 7:10 I yelped a few times on my mouth call nothing. About two minutes later, pulled out the slate and clucked and yelp for around 20-30 seconds at a fair volume. No sooner I put the call down, I see 4 toms walking my way on a string. They all looked to be the same size, so I told myself no goofing off with them - kill the first on as soon as you can. He stepped between to trees and stuck his head up, the TSS did the no flop drop and one of the other birds flew off the other two just kinda walked around nervously. After a few minutes he started to flop and the two other toms hit the road none the wiser to what happen. All done at 7:15.

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 15, 2016, 10:47:52 AM
Not much to tell on this one. Got up and walked into one of my favorite areas and listened. Didn't hear a thing, so I picked a pretty spot to sit and waited for good day light to call. At 7:10 I yelped a few times on my mouth call nothing. About two minutes later, pulled out the slate and clucked and yelp for around 20-30 seconds at a fair volume. No sooner I put the call down, I see 4 toms walking my way on a string. They all looked to be the same size, so I told myself no goofing off with them - kill the first on as soon as you can. He stepped between to trees and stuck his head up, the TSS did the no flop drop and one of the other birds flew off the other two just kinda walked around nervously. After a few minutes he started to flop and the two other toms hit the road none the wiser to what happen. All done at 7:15.

I am jealous.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

USMC0331

bigbird

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tomcat655

trkehunr93

Way to go! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WNCTracker

davisd9

Trying for number 2.

Sent from the Strut Zone

dirt road ninja

That didn't take long. Keep after them!

trkehunr93

Quote from: davisd9 on March 21, 2016, 09:23:14 AM

Trying for number 2.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Did you have GPS coordinates on him?  Dang that was fast!  Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk