Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who brought the new guy?

Started by stewdawg, March 14, 2016, 12:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewdawg

Hello all, my name is Josh. Hunting in Northern Delaware and Southeastern PA. Thinking of getting in NJ. Last year was my first year= no birds. This year its all gonna come together.

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

TauntoHawk

southeastern PA is a tough area if you can't get access to private land with birds.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OldSchool

Hi Josh,  :welcomeOG:  Good luck with em. :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

SS Calls

stewdawg

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 15, 2016, 12:24:50 PM
southeastern PA is a tough area if you can't get access to private land with birds.

It wasn't easy last year. I scouted and finally found some on public land. Had plenty of gobbles around us, at first light, but just couldn't get anything to come near us. This year I'm going to put birds to roost, then come back with decoys in the morning.

lmbhngr

Sully53

:welcomeOG:

What county in southeast Pa. are you hunting?

stewdawg

Quote from: Sully53 on March 25, 2016, 09:18:24 PM
:welcomeOG:

What county in southeast Pa. are you hunting?

Chester County, near the Maryland border.

Dr Juice

Be persistent, it pays off sooner or later. Good luck.

Cleveland48

Good luck this season. Be persistent and don't get discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewdawg

I appreciate the encouragement guys. I recently got access to private land in NJ that has turkeys on it. Now I have to states to hunt in.... juat wish their hunting laws weren't so strange. R Hanks again.