OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Remington 870/ Hevi Shot .662/ Winchester LB 3" #6.

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 11, 2016, 08:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Here is my 40 yard pattern. I had to make a few adjustments to my sight to get it centered, but all seems well. The first picture is a shell that does not rattle. The second picture is a shell that rattles (loose solid filler in Win LB?).

I think the first picture is a tighter pattern, but the only shells I have left rattle a little. I think I can live with the final pattern, though.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Longshanks

I shoot the same set up. Great patterns. I would do some up close patterning to see what you will be dealing with in hunting situations. 10-20yd patterns are super tight. I have had good success shooting turkeys up close by aiming just above the beard. The turkeys look like they were shot with a slug but gives you some room for error. Aiming at the head inside 20 can result in some misses.

lowoctane

:morning:  That's why I look at poi of my patterns and choose the ones that I don't have to adjust when I draw down on Mr Tom...most of the time I have to choose a choke that doesn't have the highest numbers, but will be consistent for the distances I hunt at.  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: lowoctane on March 22, 2016, 07:43:32 AM
:morning:  That's why I look at poi of my patterns and choose the ones that I don't have to adjust when I draw down on Mr Tom...most of the time I have to choose a choke that doesn't have the highest numbers, but will be consistent for the distances I hunt at.  :camohat:

I did not have to adjust my POA, I had to adjust the sight to get it centered. The rear sight is actually almost all the way to the left in order to get the POI centered.