Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I'm on my way

Started by TrackeySauresRex, February 26, 2016, 11:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Slowly I've been getting ready for the upcoming season. A new 20ga has put a some more fire in my belly. She shoots real good,and I'm excited to get a notch in her this spring. More good news,my Nj permits have been awarded for weeks one and two. NY and Pa., are also on the list. So far,so good. All seems to be falling into place. I will keep the team posted on all my hunts right here. Stay tuned.

:anim_25:
Hunt Safe
B-Well
Johnny
  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

TURKEYWHACKER

Sounds good, hope you knock a gig un down. Blackmagic and I will be scouting tomorrow with a little fishing thrown in for good measure.

Hayudog

Sounds like a good plan.  Tell us about your twenty gauge.  Which shells are you shooting?  I've reloaded some TSS with really good results.

TrackeySauresRex

Here She is Doggy,  Ol Black Betty  :toothy12:
MB-500 with a Tasco Propoint
Turlock choke specked out for Fed 7's
And her best pattern to date

I'm excited to get her out in the turkey woods. However...Its going to be tough reaching past my Ol 835 when I go into the safe on opening day. I've never shot one with the 20. I think its time to put the shoulder breaker down when you get a pattern like tins.

I've seen some of them TSS patterns there definitely impressive! One day in the future I will shoot them.
Good Luck
B-Well
Johnny
:turkey:

Hayudog

Dandy looking rig. You should have fun with that one. HW Federals have patterned well for me too.

Twowithone

Good luck on your ventures this Spring and that's 1 hell of a pattern for a 20 guage at 40 yds :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Twowithone on March 03, 2016, 06:00:09 PM
Good luck on your ventures this Spring and that's 1 hell of a pattern for a 20 guage at 40 yds :firefighter:

I was in shock when I walked up on that target.  :blob10: Almost in disbelief

RutnNStrutn

Sounds good Trackey!!! I got a new Trijicon scope on my scattergun. I got drawn for 2 really good hunts down here, and I'm headed out of state too!! Hope to schwack a few good uns this season!! Good luck to you!! :icon_thumright:

blackmagic

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 06, 2016, 09:09:00 PM
Sounds good Trackey!!! I got a new Trijicon scope on my scattergun. I got drawn for 2 really good hunts down here, and I'm headed out of state too!! Hope to schwack a few good uns this season!! Good luck to you!! :icon_thumright:

Ahem...I would gladly take one of those off your hands if you're feeling under the weather... :goofball:
I'll be a rompin and a stompin.

blackmagic

Never mind Rut, I just scored a primo.   :blob10:

TURKEYWHACKER

Who's your buddy ? Who's your pal ?

blackmagic

you know you're going.  You got me into this mess anyhow.  Unless you go finish up early on those "Easy Easterns" opening weekend me and the swamp chickens will be waiting.

RutnNStrutn

Dr Juice

Awesome pattern for a 20-g at 40-yds. Good luck and lay it to 'em.

TrackeySauresRex

I'm whooped! Did some serious walking checked out a WMA up north. Nice country lots of bears :character0029: I didn't see a whole lot of turkey sign. Needs further investigation at first lite. More to follow on this one. I'm getting the itch bad. I'm ready to go,it's getting close.
B-Well
Johnny