turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835+Jelly Head .690 ?????

Started by Tom Foolery, March 30, 2011, 07:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

Guys I just got a good deal on a Jelly Head .690 for my 835 and I was curious if anyone had shot any lead from this combo and what worked well for you?  I have a great setup for my StarDot .676 and lead HV 2oz #6's, but you know how it is with chokes, gotta buy them.  :)

Thanks

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Tom Foolery on March 30, 2011, 07:34:34 PM
Guys I just got a good deal on a Jelly Head .690 for my 835 and I was curious if anyone had shot any lead from this combo and what worked well for you?  I have a great setup for my StarDot .676 and lead HV 2oz #6's, but you know how it is with chokes, gotta buy them.  :)

Thanks

I know it all too well!   :z-guntootsmiley:

Tom Foolery

I like to buy chokes, you have a problem.  LOL :goofball:

I do like looking at all your tests though, informative stuff.

SR1

I shoot Winchester HV #5's 3 1/2" 2oz out of my jellyhead when its in the 835. I have killed alot of birds with that choke load combo.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

Tom Foolery

Thanks SR1, that is the exact combo I was thinking it would like. 

You have any pattern numbers or you just go kill birds with it?

hunttherut

I tried that choke out of my 835 with 3" number 5's 1 3/4 ounce and they didn't pattern any better than the factory choke that came with it.  Wasn't a bad pattern just not any better that with the factory choke.

coyotetrpr

for what it is worth i had been using the original mad max choke and it seems very similar to the jelly head. I was getting good results with the federal 3.5 in 2.25oz #5 fcw
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Tom Foolery

#5's seem to be the way to fly.  I'm hoping that the #5 HV's and the H13 #6's will both be lights out form the JH.

Santa Closs

Montani Semper Liberi