OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Gooserbat's...giveaway. And the Winner is....

Started by Gooserbat, February 20, 2016, 11:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Box calls when hunting can be fragile and noisy to carry

SwampRooster17

I love a good box call because I can crank yelps through the wind and rain or I can purr to close the last little bit of distance into killing range

Slowshoe

Generous offer!

I love a good box call because the birds can hear em from a mile away.
Swamp Dragons beware.

silvestris

I love a box caller because it makes his ears hurt.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sixes

Gumby

Meadow Valley Man

Box calls just do not hold up if you run them over with your truck.

Mike Honcho

I love a box call because  that's the first callI used to call in my first Tom...an old Lynch's #150.

Still use them.

ElkTurkMan

I love a box call because they are fun to play and they can really cut through the wind like nothing else on windy day.

g8rvet

I hate my box call because the only time I have had a bird come in to it, I was using it as a locator on a very windy day and they gobbled at 75 yards and came in so fast I had not even sat down yet.  Don't know who was more shocked - me or them!  Early in my career and taught me to look for a place to sit before you run the locator call! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

bigjames50

I love a box because they are easy to run. Very versatile.

MDSTRUTNRUT

I always carry a good boxcall, sometimes that's the only call they want!

NJstrutter

I love my box calls, but i hate when I'm walking and realize i forgot to secure the paddle to the box.

Clif Owen

I like the way they sound. I just need to get a good one now.

va_jon

Killed my first bird with a box call using an alarm putt !!