OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

26" 1187 choke

Started by sevetts, February 08, 2016, 01:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevetts

Trying to give the guy's fighting these guns an answer to a problem, ive never fought a shotgun to pattern like I have my 26" 1187. Seemed all the popular choices were dissapointing at best. Do yourselves a favor and buy an nonported undertaker they can be had easily and are inexpensive. I believe they are .585 may be something to that more open but I can tell ya there is no need to continue looking for a choke. I know guys will want pics but im not even sure I have any. If I catch a warm day soon il shoot it but, the undertaker made it mean and turkeys heads Really bloody... They are sure fun guns to shoot. I just remember loving it and hating it at the same time. An undertaker will help with the hating it part. Shooting fed 7s of course. If your not you should be

sevetts

Sorry guys didnt mean to put this in pattern pics

darron

Interesting...I tried a ssx in mine and patterns were awful. Switched to a Carlson and was getting 130-140 which I settled on. I know the sum toy is popular but I might give the under taker a try.

My 870 loves ssx and fed 7. The 1187 is a tough one. I'd like to get consistent 140-150.

CAJUN LAB

I love my 26" 1187. I shoot NITRO 4x5x7s through a Indian Creek choke. It's a bad bad combo for long bearded turkey birds.

KyTurkeyHunter473

I've fought this same battle.  Started with the SSX and Hevi 6's and managed 132 in the 10" at 40.  Tried Fed Heavyweight 6's and got 99.  Gave Hevi 7's and got 115.  Switched to a Primos Tighwad because I found them on sale and ran some Hevi 7's through it and got 155.  Figured that was good enough.  Two birds later and I believe I'll keep what I've got.