Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Let's see those guns

Started by mason3toes, February 03, 2016, 09:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mason3toes

Here's mine, 870 compact with the usual stuff. I shot heavyweights thru it last year with a ssx choke. This year with the tss I took a tightwad ($9 on clearance at Wally) and done some custom wire edm work to it that I hope will be nasty. Guy I work with competition shoots dots and designed the grooves in it.

FullChoke

Mine is a Remington 870 Express 20 gauge with a polished barrel and a drilled and tapped receiver, a Mueller Quick-Shot red-dot sight mounted on a picatinny rail, custom 3D camouflage and a hand woven paracord sling.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

old frank

Remington 870 Youth 20ga. Mueller Red Dot

gophert

Weatherby SA-459  TSS 9's

Sent from my typewriter

xarcher

Remie 1187 and two of his friends

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

mightyjoeyoung

Top:  Remmy 20 ga. youth with a polished bbl, dnt'd rcvr, trs-25 red dot, Carlson's .570 and a patriot sear spring.  She'll be full camo by next season.

Bottom:  TC Encore Pro Hunter with a polished bbl, FFII with guard, polished trigger sear (mainly for rifle) and a choke to be determined.  Just ordered a TG SSX.  Been having fits patterning this gun.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Cleveland48

My new 870 youth 20 ga. Installed shurshot stock, and Nikon Monarch 1.5x4.5. Have not got to shoot it yet. Will try 3 chokes in it, a pure gold .570, Hastings .566, and a brand new carlson .575. Will be shooting federal HW7's.

ccleroy

FullChoke

I really like that Bottomland camo on your gun. That Weatherby SA-459 20 gauge is one sweet gun.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

harleytom

Stoeger 3020 w/ Fastfire III and Speedbead

FullChoke

How does that Speedbead work for you?

xarcher

Quote from: FullChoke on February 18, 2016, 10:26:52 AM
How does that Speedbead work for you?
I got the same question.  Was looking at one of those because mounting a FFIII on a rail has its drawbacks.  The top of my 1187 is so thin that the gunsmith said he uses JB Weld in addition to drilling and tapping.  But my POI is about 8 inches below my POA (with open sights) so I felt that the FFIII might sit a little higher on a rail than on the speed bead which would help me zero the FFIII better. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

harleytom

Shot the gun with the Speedbead for the first time this week. All I can say is that so far I love it. The dot just jumps onto your field of vision when you shoulder the gun, additionally I can still use the bead if something weird goes on with the FF (forget to turn it on?). Just FYI, Burris does not make a Speedbead for most 20 gauge guns. My gunsmith took on for a 12 gauge and machined it down to fit stock/receiver. I had to do some gap filling on backside above stock to ensure the sight is not gonna rock or move any when gun is fired. So far I am more than pleased.