OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just for kicks

Started by SS Calls, January 28, 2016, 03:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SS Calls

Just looking through some old pics on Photobucket and ran across these. Brought back some painful memories!  :TooFunny: It was a few years ago when Josh and I got the bright idea of entering something in the laminated decorative class at Nationals. Boy I tell you what! Half way through I was thinking why the heck did we ever start this dang box!

I lost count of the time we put into it and don't really care to remember.  :z-dizzy: Anyway, we finally got it finished just before Nationals and entered it. Took 2nd place and was really shocked! The call had something over 400 individual pieces laminated together in our brickcheck pattern. I know some of you have seen these pics before, but thought I'd post it up for fun. Thanks for the look guys.

eorlando

Thanks for posting it up again. I had never seen it before. It is beautiful!!!!

Candyman

Dare I ask what woods you used?

Beautiful call, truly unique.

hunter22

I remember that one. I can't imagine building one like that.

mwr

A lot of hours in that one???   ;D :OGani:

greentag

pretty box!,kinda looks like like a basket,that can call turkeys.looks like lots of work went into that one.you should make some more and sell them in small baskets with the same pattern,they would sell like hot cakes.im just kidding,id say you never want to glue that much again ever.

REBELYELL

trb136

I remember that call well...I just shook my head when i saw it and thought about how much time yall must have had in that thing...It was awesome

KentuckyHeadhunter

Al where is that call now?  And is that Mr. Campanie beside it? He's a laminating fool for sure.  I remember your box and was completely awestruck by amazing work you guys put into it.  Thanks for sharing again!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Matt k

beautiful box, i cant even imagine all the hours put in to that call

paboxcall

Quote from: eorlando on January 28, 2016, 03:53:06 PM
Thanks for posting it up again. I had never seen it before. It is beautiful!!!!

:agreed:  Awesome.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

SS Calls

Quote from: Candyman on January 28, 2016, 03:59:00 PM
Dare I ask what woods you used?

Beautiful call, truly unique.

Thanks! The woods were Walnut, Cedar, and Butternut.

Quote from: mwr on January 28, 2016, 04:27:21 PM
A lot of hours in that one???   ;D :OGani:

Too dang many!!! :TooFunny: Seriously, over 50 hrs.  :'(

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 28, 2016, 05:48:00 PM
Al where is that call now?  And is that Mr. Campanie beside it? He's a laminating fool for sure.  I remember your box and was completely awestruck by amazing work you guys put into it.  Thanks for sharing again!

It's in a call collectors collection.  :(   The winning call beside it was done by Tim Clayton from Florida. He does amazing work!

KellyP

outdoors

THAT IS SOOOO COOL
        THE CALL OF THE LATE
      :icon_thumright:          60's.          :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

letinmfly

I had forgotten about that call.  Lot of work in that beauty!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings