OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

remington20g hevi shot

Started by mr meat, March 29, 2011, 04:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr meat

does anyone have any info on these,were there 2.75 and 3inch shells,any loads better than another. reason iam asking is i have a line on some through a third party and would like to know a little more befor i decide if should buy them if the offer is still there.Thanks. Wes

ahfox16

For me, they shot better then the Hevi-shot load of two years ago (size 6), but not as good as the hevi-shot load of 3 years ago.  Hope that didn't confuse you.  I like them and hoard my little group of shells.  PS.  The size 5 in 20 gauge make one great duck load over decoys.  I even stoned a goose with that load this year at about 40 yards.

R AJ

Are these the old Remington Hevi-Shot shells and not the Rem HD loads?
If so, I would get the 3-1 1 /4-6 if available and try chokes in the 570 range first to see how they pattern.

surehuntsalot

I have a small stockpile of the old Remington Hevishot  20ga 1-1/4oz #6
they are deadly out of  a .575 Carlson choke
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

I have several boxes of three types, all are the original Remington® Premier® Hevi•Shot® 12g/cc.............

• Remington® 20ga 3" Mag 1175fps 1¼oz #6 (PRHS20M6)
• Remington® 20ga 3" Mag 1175fps 1¼oz #5 (PRHS20M5)
• Remington® 20ga 3" Mag 1175fps 1¼oz #4 (PRHS20M4)

I consider these loads to be the original Hevi•Shot® (before EM started out on their own). IME these 12g/cc loads were/are THE BEST 20ga Hevi•Shot loads ever made; certainly better than any 20ga Hevi13® that EM produces. What I don't shoot before the Lord calls me home will go to my kids and grandkids.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

pdqt

If they are the old remington hs they were loaded in both 2.75 & 3". #6 and larger is good for turkeys and waterfowl. Not too sure about the 7.5, especially in the 2.75" 1oz load.    :anim_25:

I'm sure if you don't want them someone on this site will step up---if they are remmys!!!!

knightrider

im down to 8 of the 3in 1.25 #6 wish i had more the mossy 500 with 670 tightwad loves them, but the turkeys hate them. my boy stoned one last saturday at 41 yards with this load

mr meat

ok the shells are 12g 3in 1450fps 1-3/8 oz #6                                               20g 2.75 1300fps 1oz#5s  are they any good ican shoot either 12/20 and the bad news is these shells are in canada so i don,t know if you guys could get them, just like we can,t get hevi 13

shootumindaface

The would make fine duck loads

Sent from my 10 year old Dell using my 2 pointer fingers.

dawei

Quote from: mr meat on March 30, 2011, 12:34:23 PM
ok the shells are 12g 3in 1450fps 1-3/8 oz #6                                               20g 2.75 1300fps 1oz#5s  are they any good ican shoot either 12/20 and the bad news is these shells are in canada so i don,t know if you guys could get them, just like we can,t get hevi 13
Does Remington® still make Hevi•Shot® ammunition for sale to our brothers in Canada?

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

surehuntsalot

no,it is no longer made anywhere
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hookedspur

It is good ammo that shoots very well in some guns , my buddies daughters M2 for example . But Remington no longer makes it  :lol: ,I dont think they ever did , now you think Im crazy but I think Rem and EM went to gether on the first one and then Rem quit it and EM carried on . This is just my opinion and means nothing but I think you can still get about the same ammo if you shoot H13 . Again IMO .  :anim_25:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

dawei

Quote from: hookedspur on March 30, 2011, 11:41:43 PM
It is good ammo that shoots very well in some guns , my buddies daughters M2 for example . But Remington no longer makes it  :lol: ,I dont think they ever did , now you think Im crazy but I think Rem and EM went to gether on the first one and then Rem quit it and EM carried on . This is just my opinion and means nothing but I think you can still get about the same ammo if you shoot H13 . Again IMO .  :anim_25:
FWIW, Remington® DID NOT back out; EnvironMetal, Inc refused to renew the contract.

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

hookedspur

Quote from: dawei on March 31, 2011, 12:17:55 AM
Quote from: hookedspur on March 30, 2011, 11:41:43 PM
FWIW, Remington® DID NOT back out; EnvironMetal, Inc refused to renew the contract.
I wont argue with you at all . I tried to make that  plain in my post . I know one of  them quit the team OK . and now we are all shooting Hevi 13 and Remington no longer in the mix and you cant order the old REM HEVEY SHOT >
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

dawei

Quote from: hookedspur on March 31, 2011, 12:41:37 AMI wont argue with you at all . I tried to make that plain in my post . I know one of  them quit the team OK . and now we are all shooting Hevi 13 and Remington no longer in the mix and you cant order the old REM HEVEY SHOT >
I'm not trying to argue w/you; just stating the facts as I know them. Regards.....

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given