turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Two-Sided Calls

Started by Jgarrett, January 14, 2016, 11:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfish

My first friction call was a Bully's glass over slate. Loved that call and killed several birds with it until I dropped it and cracked the slate.
John 3:16

yelpaholic

the blue deuce is the only two sided call I have that both sides auctually sound good

Bowhuntr73

Will have to try one I guess, just having a hard time getting over the donut look!!

Tennessee Lead

I used a 2-sided call my last 3 hunts this year.
They are handy. I love how you can purr with them cupped agin your leg and it sounds like a real hen

Fieldturkey

How long is the wait on the blue deuce?

grayfox

I'm a big fan of 2-sided calls as well. If I have 4 calls in my vest, most of the time 3 will be 2-sided. I also have the Robert Brothers wormy chestnut & it stays in my vest 90% of the time. I mainly like raw aluminum on the main surface & slate on the back but my Yingling copper with the small slate on the back side is really becoming one of my all time favorites. Those that don't use 2-sided calls don't know what they are missing.

KYHeadhunter02

I really like the ghost makers! I hope to pick one up by next season. I have the Reynolds crystal double sider. There's some other calls I'm wanting so its in the classifieds. I started using it a lot and I'm starting to think twice about getting rid of it. Double siders are cool.  You can call loud and close the deal with really soft clucks and purs.

wvmntnhick

I was just thinking, my buddy has one made by Hardy's custom calls. At least, I think that's who made it. It sounds pretty good. I was thinking about getting one from them but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. They do make some good looking calls.

TauntoHawk

I want to get double sider soon, the Ed Jenkins has my eye pretty good
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Footballer

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 18, 2016, 10:03:00 AM
I want to get double sider soon, the Ed Jenkins has my eye pretty good

The osage is a great all-around call. I carry mine with a "locator-style" call like the Dawkin's stone aluminum or crystal mistress. With a mouth call, you can sound like 3 hens with ease.

EZ

For you two-sider fans, you got to check out the "Deadly Double" by Rick Harro (Gobbler Getter Calls).
I have the anodized Aluminum over slate for about three years now and have been mowing them over with this call. Best kept secret out there.

wvmntnhick

It's not a secret if you broadcast it.  :funnyturkey:

EZ

LOL...a call that good deserves some recognition. As a matter of fact, it accounted for a Pa. public land longbeard just this morning!!!

Footballer

Quote from: EZ on May 18, 2016, 03:33:22 PM
For you two-sider fans, you got to check out the "Deadly Double" by Rick Harro (Gobbler Getter Calls).
I have the anodized Aluminum over slate for about three years now and have been mowing them over with this call. Best kept secret out there.

Good looking call. You should post a soundfile asap.

VAarrowslinger

Quote from: Footballer on May 19, 2016, 09:43:09 AM
Quote from: EZ on May 18, 2016, 03:33:22 PM

Good looking call. You should post a soundfile asap.
I'd like to hear this also