Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Aristocrat-Limited Edition- one has come available

Started by trumpetturner, October 01, 2015, 11:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trumpetturner

A limited edition of 10 of these calls has been made, 9 of which already have homes.  #1 of the 10 won 1st place in the open category for yelpers at the 2011 NWTF Callmakers contest. The call is 9 inches tall without the stand.  It is made African Blackwood and preban ivory.  The face of the bell has 4 sets of 12 circles.  The circles in each set just barely touch each other.  The cuts are about .005 inch deep and then the same method used for scrimshaw is applied.  The lipstop has internal o-rings, so it can be adjusted.  The ferrule is titanium.

For those of you who have not seen this call before on another forum, this call is turned on a rose engine lathe.  It has six different ornamental features on the call created on the rose engine.  The rose engine lathe is one of a group a lathe designs known as ornamental lathes.  Ornamental lathes were most popular in the late 1800's up until about 1910.  The craft and art fell out of favor because it could not be automated.  It is a craft and an art that a small group of folks are reviving. 

One of the calls in the Limited Edition has not yet left the shop and has regrettably become available.  This call was turned this summer in my shop.  If you are interested, PM me with your phone number and/or questions, and we'll discuss the details.

M Sharpe

Beautiful call Danny. You do some mighty fine work with that lathe!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

silverspur

WOW just awesome, now other words to describe this call :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mgm1955

That's hard to believe Danny. That is one incredible call!!

trumpetturner

Jim, here is first one I did as a commission.  Each of the four 1/2" scrimshawed discs has a different pattern.  Blackwood and preban ivory.

This is the 2nd one I did and entered in 2013 NWTF contest.

trumpetturner

Quote from: outdoors on October 02, 2015, 08:10:53 AM
A W E S O M E. LOOKING CALL
HOW SHE SOUND.  :icon_thumright:

It has the same internals as my hunting calls, and has all kinds of turkey in it.

mgm1955

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Beautiful calls Danny. Even the ducks are blown away!!

mgm1955

I was lucky enough to get one of these fine trumpets and can tell you it is an easy player and sounds just as good as it looks. A true masterpiece!!

Gawhitaker

trumpetturner

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to report this call has been sold!!

Thank you for all your kinds words and support. 

Danny