OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who sells Magnum blend 20ga ?

Started by Old Gobbler, March 28, 2011, 11:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Guys , Im looking to pick up some 20 gauge magnum blend to set up my sons gun - Who has Magnum blend in 20 gauge in stock - and ships fast  ?---Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VAlongbeard84

Try midsouth shooters supply. Been using them for all of my hevi-13 purchases. Great place to buy! Hope this helps. And they carry them!

shootumindaface

Shannon I do not know how big your kid is and his reaction to recoil.. But with the hopped up velocity on those loads you may have the hardest kicking 20g load available..

If you insist on Hevi Shot and Not Fed, I would opt for the lower velocity 7s which should also be easier to get the patterns you seek..

whiskey

We get ours at Midsouth Shooters Supply. They are across the street.  ;D

sugarray

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 28, 2011, 12:03:15 PM
Shannon I do not know how big your kid is and his reaction to recoil.. But with the hopped up velocity on those loads you may have the hardest kicking 20g load available..

If you insist on Hevi Shot and Not Fed, I would opt for the lower velocity 7s which should also be easier to get the patterns you seek..

I agree.  While getting my son's 20 gauge patterned, these loads really kick.  I am having him shoot the Fed HW 1.5 oz #7 and it will kick him good, but the Hevi just wasn't consistent.  He won't shoot one until that turkey is out in front.  The Knoxx Spec-Ops really makes a HUGE difference.

Old Gobbler

Thank you every one for the helpful reply's

Woods And Water in Tuscaloosa had them , Ronnie went down and had them send them to me- I have a PG choke on the way and the gun is getting tapped for a weaver base so I can mount a FF2 on it toady - then I will scrub down the gun and give it a epoxy makeover and camo job

My son is little but he can handle this little gun very well ,with out a gun rest -- I had him shooting my Benelli nova with dove loads in it last week , it kicked him good but he complained mostly about the sound

I plan on sighting it in and letting him try the dove loads in and while hunting slip in the mag blends -- I am not looking to stretch this 20 gauge out to astronomical ranges rather insure it is a solid killer at a reasonable  distance

thank you again --Shannon

-Shannon

shootumindaface

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 29, 2011, 09:03:31 AM

Thank you every one for the helpful reply's

Woods And Water in Tuscaloosa had them , Ronnie went down and had them send them to me- I have a PG choke on the way and the gun is getting tapped for a weaver base so I can mount a FF2 on it toady - then I will scrub down the gun and give it a epoxy makeover and camo job

My son is little but he can handle this little gun very well ,with out a gun rest -- I had him shooting my Benelli nova with dove loads in it last week , it kicked him good but he complained mostly about the sound

I plan on sighting it in and letting him try the dove loads in and while hunting slip in the mag blends -- I am not looking to stretch this 20 gauge out to astronomical ranges rather insure it is a solid killer at a reasonable  distance

thank you again --Shannon
Did you opt for 570 or 555

Old Gobbler

-Shannon

USAFTurkey