turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Speedbead question

Started by neal, March 27, 2011, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Bought a couple of speedbeads one for turkey and one for waterfowl. I was sighting in my turkey gun today I had to adjust the dot up and the up screw is now maxed out, its sighted in but if I needed to adjust the dot up I wouldn't be able to, so did I mount it wrong some how? When I installed it I put the thicker of the two risers under it.
I have not shot my other SBEII yet to see how that one sights in.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Jbird22

http://www.burrisoptics.com/speedbead.html

- Scroll down a tad and click on Benelli Installation guide in yellow box on the right side of the screen

- Check out step 6 where it talks about the "Wedge" screw. Tightening it should bring your dot down. I just snugged mine according to the directions and it worked out just fine (mine is on an 870 without either shim). Just remember you have to take the FF and shim off the base to get to the "Wedge" screw. If it's tightened snug then I'm not sure what the problem could be.