OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Owl call recommendations

Started by papabuzzard, February 09, 2011, 03:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabuzzard

I'm looking for a good owl call.  I prefer custom made.  Does anyone have a recommendation?  Custom made or production?  Thanks in advance for any help.

shootumindaface

Its hard to beat our Hoot N Stick.. The poly, wood or custom version all sound very close..

Executioner

Hook's Custom Calls Harrison Hoot N Stick. Period. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

sugarray

I have the Hootn stick as well.  After just a few minutes of listening to some youtube videos of barred owl, I was sounding just like him.  Not really, but pretty decent.  Hope to try it out soon and the barred owl mating season is getting started.

TRKYHTR

I've got a James Harrison custom hooter. That thing is bad to the bone.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

devin4484

Try using your own mouth this sping, no joke either.  I hoot everyday for practice.  It's a real good change especially if you hunt public land.

Jbird22

I don't personally own one (YET!) but the Harrison is the best I've ever heard. I own both models of the Palmer tubes and can tell you the Harrison is several steps ahead as far as realism is concerned.

drum817

Hooks/Harrison Hooter....is unbeatable in the woods in my personal opinion  :you_rock:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Gobble!

neal

Is this a serious question? I thought there was only one to own a Hoot n Stick!! :z-winnersmiley: Best on the market hands down!! I like the one James made for me out of Maple and a matching crow call also have a hooter made from cocobolo lower tone both top notch!!!! From top notch people!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

chrisun

Just recently ordered one from Hooks. I had heard some very good reviews. I'm excited to see how it sounds.
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

lowcountry

Just ordered me one!  Got the one made out of all wood.

cahaba

I use my own mouth and get good response sometimes. I hoot about every day in season and out. One less thing to worry about. If you want a call the Hootin Stick is hard to beat.

TrkyHntr

Quote from: devin4484 on February 09, 2011, 05:35:26 PM
Try using your own mouth this sping, no joke either.  I hoot everyday for practice.  It's a real good change especially if you hunt public land.

X2

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!