turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another decoy paint/upgrade thread

Started by THattaway, June 22, 2015, 08:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THattaway

Walmart clearance dekes at $20 a pair. Center two have been tweaked with acrylic craft paint and matte sealer. May not make them any more effective but at least they look better to my eye.

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

eddie234

Looking pretty good

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mgm1955

bbcoach

Agree.  I'm not much of a fan of the white wing tips either.  I like the more red head on the jake (I believe it makes less dominant).  The gray head on the hen looks more realistic as well.  Hope they bring them in on a string.

jepcho

Looks pretty good man.  Too bad you have to wait 3/4 of a year to see what the turkeys think

snapper1982

Old Timer53

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

dirt road ninja

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Greg Massey

I took several old socks and use these to cover my decoys heads to protect the paint during travel time...it works great..