turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Schaffer scratcher

Started by TauntoHawk, May 19, 2015, 08:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Had to call Jimmy the other day to replace a mad hen I broke by landing on it during a fall carrying a bird out of a rocky hillside. We chatted for a while and I told him I have gotten really into running scratch boxes this year. We'll he gets to telling me he has a few nice ones around he built and he'll get one paired up and sent out with my mad hen.

One thing I can say about Mr Schaffer is his genuine excitement about his calls, it's not that he's making a sale but that he can't wait to get that call in the woods killing birds and that he believes in the sounds it can produce. He's never been wrong when sending me a call and this is a raspy one. It's from a 1 of 6 set he made around nationals and will hit the woods later this week.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

silverspur

Scratchers are a lot of fun and u got a fine one from Jimmy....... congrats!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Bowguy

Yea he can see his excitement in his calls. Fun guy to be around if ya dig turkeys and calls. I've got one of his scratchers too but not nearly as nice as that one! Good luck w it

kyturkeyhunter4

That's a nice looking call.

mgm1955

Congrats on a fine call!!

TauntoHawk

Broke it in a public land double spurred bird

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jepcho

Wow!! That is awesome man! Very rare, congratulations!!

Bowguy

jamo

bowmike

AWESOME CALL AND NICE BIRD!!

mgm1955