Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Cheek placement using red dot on saddle mount

Started by vicvan901, June 25, 2015, 03:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicvan901

I have an older Mossy 500 I am "updating" for turkey and coyote. I have covered with Mossy oak graphic. Then got ready to mount truglo red dot but no drill/tap - new problem. Ordered Aimtech saddle mount - five minute install problem solved. Shouldered up and after a couple mounts I find comb not under my cheek bone but down by my jaw - new problem? I understand red dot after sight in on bag rests don't care how/where you see it but I wonder I about thoughts of raising comb like using in trap to get cheek weld for ease of sighting on game? Or just mount and sight with lower comb placement? Thank Vic

Greg Massey

I have a mossberg 500 mounted with a weaver rail and a red dot TRS bushnell and even with this setup you have to raise your head or cheek up for sighting thru the red dot...now on my setup I do have the tactical adjustable stock...ive not had any problems with it on shooting paper targets or killing turkeys with it... after shooting it a few times you will get use to how the gun feels...the bushnell red dot is a great red dot for the money the only thing is its not a true red dot circle.

Snoodsniper

Google: Godagrip Great products,great people..... you won't be sorry.