OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eotech XPS2?

Started by st8tman, December 24, 2011, 12:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st8tman

I recently bought a Benelli SBE2 Steady Grip. I have been offered a "No-Brainer" deal on a virtually new Eotech XPS2 sight. My question is whether I would be able to use ONE section of the Warne All-Steel 2 piece bases designated for the SBE2 to mount this unit. I had been advised folks were using this concept to mount FFII and Muellers, just not sure of my intentions. Merry CHRISTmas to all!

chatterbox

I'm not sure where the mounting bolt is on that model, but I have a 512 that needs a picatinny rail to mount successfully.

BOFF

Quote from: st8tman on December 24, 2011, 12:13:19 AM
I recently bought a Benelli SBE2 Steady Grip. I have been offered a "No-Brainer" deal on a virtually new Eotech XPS2 sight. My question is whether I would be able to use ONE section of the Warne All-Steel 2 piece bases designated for the SBE2 to mount this unit. I had been advised folks were using this concept to mount FFII and Muellers, just not sure of my intentions. Merry CHRISTmas to all!

Not sure,

I have an XPS on my SBE I and have a weaver 98 mount. Had to tap and drill the mounting holes in the SBE. I suggest a one piece, as the XPS is a lot larger than the FFII. Noting like second guessing if your base is going to be secure enough to hold.

Oh and for reference:

For God Bless,
David B.

st8tman

Guys,
          I really appreciate the time you took to reply to my inquiry. I kinda figured this to be the case but needed to hear from experience. Therefore, I am kinda leaning towards the one piece EGW Pic. Rail that is designated for the SBE2. They actually make two versions, but I am inclined to go with the "heavyweight" version, as 3 1/2" is my preferred round. For those not familiar with EGW, I have used their products on several bolt guns, and am quite pleased with the quality, fit, finish etc. Kinda like a "poor man's" Mark IV setup. Once again Thanks, and hope Santa brings you plenty of goodies!!!

BOFF

Quote from: st8tman on December 24, 2011, 12:15:51 PM
Guys,
          I really appreciate the time you took to reply to my inquiry. I kinda figured this to be the case but needed to hear from experience. Therefore, I am kinda leaning towards the one piece EGW Pic. Rail that is designated for the SBE2. They actually make two versions, but I am inclined to go with the "heavyweight" version, as 3 1/2" is my preferred round. For those not familiar with EGW, I have used their products on several bolt guns, and am quite pleased with the quality, fit, finish etc. Kinda like a "poor man's" Mark IV setup. Once again Thanks, and hope Santa brings you plenty of goodies!!!

By the way, "Welcome to the site!!!"

Glad to help out.

Pleas post up with pics after everything is set up, I'm not familiar with EGW.

God Bless,
David B.

st8tman

Thanks for the Welcome!
Here is the link to EGW's Website. I had to click on scope mounts and then type Benelliinto the search feature to get the SBE related mounts to come up. It seems they have a "PIC" rail for just about everything out there.

www.egwguns.com

Merry Christmas to All!

Virginia St8tman