OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum Striker

Started by SP-10 Fan, May 04, 2015, 12:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP-10 Fan

I can not find an aluminum striker anywhere.  My Google-Fu must be weak.  I've devoted over 3 evenings of running down Google hits for aluminum strikers only to find the aluminum meant an aluminum pot.  I don't want an aluminum pot; I want an aluminum striker.  I noticed one commercial pot call maker used to include aluminum strikers with all their pots.  They no longer supply an aluminum striker with their pot calls.

Help!

mastevt

interesting,  You looking for a one piece, or just the peg?  Maybe find a local machine shop and bring them a wood one, and have them duplicate it in aluminum. 

outdoors

THERES ALOT OF LISTINGS OF ALUMINUM RODS ON EBAY
AND A SCRAP PEICE OF WOOD AND MAKE A TWO PEICE STIKER.  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bennett

Try Larry Gresser at Prarie Game Calls. I bought one this year and have been very pleased with it

SP-10 Fan

Thanks for the replies gents, I appreciate any help I can get.

callmakerman

Roberts Bros used to make one. I have one that I bought a few years ago and never used it. Didn't have the sound I was looking for.

HFultzjr

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/strikers/516-wet-one-striker/

Great place to deal with.
In-expensive.
Cheap shipping.
Works.

"nough said"

:OGturkeyhead:

gatrkyhntr70

Look up rut n strut game calls/ Tim Sanford.  He had some nice one piece aluminum strikers.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

SP-10 Fan

I would like to thank everyone for the helpful suggestions.  I was able to locate an aluminum striker and I ordered it today.

dantheman

reynolds has them too thats where i bought my first one at a show.