turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box call personalization alteration ???

Started by REBELYELL, May 06, 2015, 09:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

If a box call is personalized, is it possible to remove that person's name or either change it to the new owners name? I know Albert Paul has told new owners that he could change the name on his box calls. Anyone tinkered with one that was personalized to the original owner?

hunter22

Albert did a 6 call L/E set for me and replaced the original owner's name and put mine on each call. You cannot tell where he changed the names. So yes, it can be done and look like your name was there all along.

mgm1955

Most makers I've talked to are willing and able to do this without any problems.

KYTURKEY

I've got calls that are personalized to other people. Doesn't bother me at all. You know when you buy that call from anybody other than the callmaker, that it is probably gonna be personalized to them. The name doesn't change the sound of the call, so why worry about it. If it bothers you enough to get it changed, do the call maker right and order the call from him. That's just my opinion.  Not saying it's wrong to buy a call second hand, I have many of them that way. But, I personally wouldn't feel right asking a maker to change the name on a call. Like I said. Just my opinion.

TauntoHawk

I don't mind when I get a call with someone elses name on them for hunting if it was a collectors I guess I might. I have most that I buy not personalized in case i sell them. i did have one box made this year and had that one personalized becuase I knew I wouldnt get rid of it.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>