OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sold on the big 10

Started by timberchicken, April 11, 2015, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberchicken

First bird with the 10 today. He pitched over to the next ridge off the roost shot him at +40 yards. Folded up and he was nice enough to roll down the hill and meet me have way. Gotta a love those 30 minute hunts and dumb 2 year olds.

10gaugemag

It does have its place but unfortunately we cannot discuss it too much on here. I have killed a lot of birds with mine over the last 20+ years and can only think of 3 where I felt it was needed. I can also think of 5 that would have been killed with a .410 and 1/2 oz. of 7 1/2's.

steveo

Agree, nice when needed but have killed way more at spitting distance than far !!! love getting em in close and watching the show....... but {still like to hear her roar!}!   congrats on the bird. 

SP-10 Fan

Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 12, 2015, 07:49:28 AM
It does have its place but unfortunately we cannot discuss it too much on here. I have killed a lot of birds with mine over the last 20+ years and can only think of 3 where I felt it was needed. I can also think of 5 that would have been killed with a .410 and 1/2 oz. of 7 1/2's.
Being the FNG, I don't want to attract any negative moderator attention...but why don't we discuss the 10-gauge?  Just asking so I don't step on any toes and get myself in a bind.

10gaugemag

Quote from: SP-10 Fan on April 16, 2015, 12:01:10 AM
Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 12, 2015, 07:49:28 AM
Being the FNG, I don't want to attract any negative moderator attention...but why don't we discuss the 10-gauge?  Just asking so I don't step on any toes and get myself in a bind.
Not the 10 we cannot discuss its the distances at which it shines.

SP-10 Fan

Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 17, 2015, 01:51:15 PM
Not the 10 we cannot discuss its the distances at which it shines.

Ahhhh...OK...duly noted.

grizholder@aol.com

Really wish we could discuss distance I mean that's reason I put over 1000 bucks in my turkey rig this year. We all know u can't take any gun and do what someone else can that's y we all do the test patterning we do.