turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blowing heads off!

Started by Doug Lewis, April 30, 2015, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Lewis

Passed out a butt whooping today... Buddy of mine and myself had two birds stroke off of late morning in some of the thickest pines you can find! The road cut the pine thicket in half and you couldn't squeeze a fart through these pines! Anyways, these birds were hot and only 60-70yds in there. We threw out the gobbler decoy in the middle of the road and both jumped on two different trees. The birds were getting closer but we couldn't figure out how or where they were going to come out!? I purred one last time and they were on the road to our left! We looked over and they were in full sprint coming to the decoy. My buddy shot his bird at 20yds, blowing the top of his head off! The other bird turned and ran back to where they came from with me right behind him. I heard him clucking and all of a sudden he flew out across the dirt road and I smoked him at 30yds! He dropped like a sack of potatoes. The crazy part about this, is that the bird my buddy shot flew off 20yds away with no brain! He pretty much got some altitude and then when the lights went off, I guess I just fell out the air! Great way to end the week for me.
They both had the same stats except for their weight. One weighed 17lbs and the other weighed 15lbs. They both had 1 1/4" on one leg and an 1 3/8" on the other. Both had 10" beards. Another bird just shy of an upgrade!!

derek

Awesome!  That's gonna hurt in the morning!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

TrackeySauresRex

That turkey has no brains  :funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

BowBendr

Ouch ! That left a mark...

Sent by this stupid phone

Birdyblaster

Dang! What load was he shooting?

Doug Lewis

870 w/ Sum Toy  Hevi13 3.5" #6's