turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Leah strikes again w/ Video

Started by gophert, April 17, 2015, 05:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

This was one of those crazy hunts that happen so fast your not sure what really happened.  We had gone to her "honey hole" due to some recent info from the land owner that the birds were hanging around between 9 and 10 am.  So we tried a spot at daylight with no luck and then headed over.  We have killed a ton of of birds on this 15 acre track and Leah has killed 4 birds here.  Three of them beside the same tree.  On a side note, there are about 5 cows on this property that are like pets.  They will follow you around like a puppy and today was no exception.  After running them back to the front of the property we finally got resettled in about 9:00.  After about 30 minutes and some light calling on my pot call, I looked down to see if the cows were coming back and low and behold saw a turkey move through an opening.  I then watch another and then a strutter.  I hit the pot call with a light yelp and he HAMMERED back and was closing the distance.  As you can see in the video, there are a pile of tires right next to us that covers us but also prevents our view.  I could not see anything and then I heard the spit and drum.  I whispered to Leah that they were just on the other side of the tires and did she see them yet (shes on my left).  Then I hear her whisper...I got them!  Enjoy the rest!

https://youtu.be/sIOoyWLdBtQ

g8rvet

Almost thought we were gonna miss the dance!  Love your videos.  Tell her congrats from Florida! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

alloutdoors

Congrats Leah, and keep on dancing!  :jackson:

porcupine

turkey boogie  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: congratulations!

sbbow

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: :turkey2: Mice job and Congrats to you both

beagler

Never Misses

tomstopper

Snoodsniper

captin_hook