OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New York

Started by BABS9, April 16, 2015, 05:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BABS9

Just wanted to see how everyones scouting is coming along in NY and especially in the WNY area? Alot of gobbling and strutting?

jordanz7935

Im in CNY, They are strutting regularly around here and i beleive they're just starting to bust up out of their big flocks to smaller groups.I saw 2 gobblers @ my spot today having quite the duel(fighting).It was really neat to watch and also tells me the "breakup" has begun.Ive been hearing gobbles but really have'nt begun the"listening" part of of my scouting quite yet.  Ill be full bore scouting come next week in preparation for the youth hunt.

WNY Bowhunter

The bigger flocks that I was seeing every day a couple of weeks ago have vanished now that the snow is finally out of the woods. I'm sure they have probably broken up. I've seen very few birds in the fields over the past week (just like last spring).  I think that they are in the timber picking up the remaining mast. Seen lots of fresh scratching sign in the woods over the past few days.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

BABS9

Well tomorrow is the day! Haven't heard much gobbling recently but I have been seeing decent amount in fields and some good turkey sign. How has the scouting been going for everyone else? How do you feel about tomorrow?

mikejd

I hope its Better then last year. Unfortunately I live to far from my hunting area to get any scouting in.

Anyone else out there seing or hearing anything.

Doesnt matter. I will find them.good luck guys.

MACHINIST

Medium to large flocks.Lots of gobbling on the roost and almost non existent when they hit the ground until mid morning around 10 or so.

BABS9

Yep thats what happened to us last sunday on youth hunt. Gobbled like crazy off the roost but flew down and shut right up.