turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spurs for days

Started by Doug Lewis, April 14, 2015, 04:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Lewis

Smashed two today! Took about 3hrs to do it, but they fell for an old trick... One is a stud! The other is my usual cursed small fry... He was a 3yr old, but just turned three...! The studzilla was packing 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" spurs. Weighed in at the usual  South Georgia lightweight  division. I'll post pics later

Onpoint

Quote from: Doug Lewis on April 14, 2015, 04:01:58 PM
Smashed two today! Took about 3hrs to do it, but they fell for an old trick... One is a stud! The other is my usual cursed small fry... He was a 3yr old, but just turned three...! The studzilla was packing 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" spurs. Weighed in at the usual  South Georgia lightweight  division. I'll post pics later
Congratulations.  love it when ya reach down and got some big hooks on the other end. I've managed to get three 1.5" plus since 2011. I kinda got spoiled in recent years.

My wife managed to luck into a 1.75" spurred monster last year. Pops had been killing some big birds the past 5 years

I've killed my share of 2 year old birds but I've always been pretty lucky about finding at least one 4 year old every other season and alot of years back to back to back seasons. Just luck but I'll take it.

Pops has killed probably 80 birds and I bet 60 of them have been 2 year olds.

Congratulations on your birds. Especially the biggun. I know how they make ya feel. with work I've only got to hunt a total of about 6 hours this year. makes me wish I had quit my job now. I've only worked one bird so far this year. I'm starting to go into withdrawal.

derek

HAMMER!  Congrats Doug.  What's the story?  Can't wait to see pics!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

MDbowman

Wow, nice hooks! congrats.

BowBendr

Yeah buddy !!!
Congrats

Sent by this stupid phone

Duke0002

Doug Lewis

I posted pics and lil short story over in the kill thread

Dr Juice

DMP

Awesome job... Congrats

Fullfan

Wow congrats on a good bird. You guys will be hard to keep up with this year..
Don't gobble at me...