OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2015 Weatherby SA-459 Review/Patterns

Started by gophert, April 12, 2015, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Dang you guys!!!! I ordered mine today!!!!! Tell me again which carlsons choke I need for the HWT 7s?

Roost 1

ccleroy

Shot mine today, wow..........what a fine little rig.

Roost 1

Quote from: ccleroy on May 23, 2015, 08:45:49 PM
Shot mine today, wow..........what a fine little rig.

You got some pattern pics for us???

KansasGobbler

Ordering mine tomorrow...really excited about this little rig that shoots big. Thanks guys :drool:

cutt down

Quote from: KansasGobbler on May 31, 2015, 02:29:02 PM
Ordering mine tomorrow...really excited about this little rig that shoots big. Thanks guys :drool:

If it shoots anything like my 2014 model you will be more than pleased!

gophert

I've had a number of people ask what I would suggest as far as Load/Choke combo for the SA459:

If you shoot TSS:   Carlsons Extended .575  $30

If you shoot Fed:  Sumtoy .562  (from what I'm hearing, its putting up a little better than the Carlsons)

Of course, if you find another combo that looks great, please share you results.  If you have detailed questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.  Hope this helps. 

deadbuck

I finally got to lay my hands on one to look at it. It was the last years model with camo stocks but matte finish barrel and receiver. I decided I really like the gun and will buy one, but sure do wish it was offered in solid black. I just don't care for camo guns, especially the extra green that is currently offered.

gophert

Quote from: deadbuck on June 05, 2015, 10:20:14 AM
I finally got to lay my hands on one to look at it. It was the last years model with camo stocks but matte finish barrel and receiver. I decided I really like the gun and will buy one, but sure do wish it was offered in solid black. I just don't care for camo guns, especially the extra green that is currently offered.

You do know that turkeys can see black guns and that you will never kill a turkey without camo?  :TooFunny:

FL-Boss

I have a 2014 SA-459 for sale!  shot only 10 times or so... mint.  PM for details..

Roost 1

Has anyone tried the factory .575 that comes with this gun with either TSS or HWT 7s?

gophert

Quote from: Roost 1 on June 09, 2015, 08:58:47 AM
Has anyone tried the factory .575 that comes with this gun with either TSS or HWT 7s?

I have not but probably will when I try a few new TSS loads I have.  I will post results for sure.

Sent from my typewriter

FL-Boss

I shot the factory choke 1 time with Fed #7 ... actually did pretty good... about the same as the Carlson .575.

I only had time to shoot the gun a few times. But I plan to go back out in a few weeks and do some real testing with Federal #7, and 4 different chokes

g8rvet

I shot the fed HW #7 with the factory choke and it did poorly. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.