OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2015 Weatherby SA-459 Review/Patterns

Started by gophert, April 12, 2015, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutt down

Quote from: FL-Boss on January 31, 2017, 11:53:57 AM

Man I got so close to shooting a gobbler with that same gun - if he would have just walked the other way down the road!

Quote from: cutt down on January 31, 2017, 10:03:40 AM
Another one of the barrel post beneath the blade. This of course is on the model I have which is a 2014 I'm almost positive. The post does not interfere with the burris ffIII on mine. If the sight is soldered on the barrel then I'd have a gunsmith remove it. A good smith can do it no problem.
He's still there

gophert

Who's gonna be the first person to lay one down with the SA459 in 2017?   

g8rvet

I am betting Fl Boss.  I think he gets a jump start on us here in N Fl.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

FL-Boss

Very likely  :newmascot:
Although Mr. Cutt Down will be with me opening weekend, coming from up north. He also likes to carry a 459 sometimes..

SFCSNOW

Quote from: ccleroy on February 07, 2016, 12:08:48 PM
Just got mine back from getting a new dress for the ball........love this little 20.

Best looking gun on OG! 

Picked mine up today. VERY impressed with the quality of the stock. Much better than what my SA-08 came with.

owlhoot

Oh quit showing that , I need to be putting back a little more money  :help:

savduck

My regular sa08 stock spring got gummed up. I got it clear but I called sure cycle. He doesnt have a spring for this gun. Enough people calling them may get them to,make one. It would be an awesome upgrade.
Georgia Boy

DrDirtNap

FL-Boss

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 06, 2017, 03:14:08 PM
Although Mr. Cutt Down will be with me opening weekend, coming from up north. He also likes to carry a 459 sometimes..

I smacked this bird on Tuesday with the 459..   9.5 beard

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

wvnut3

owlhoot

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 23, 2017, 04:51:16 PM
Quote from: FL-Boss on March 06, 2017, 03:14:08 PM

I smacked this bird on Tuesday with the 459..   9.5 beard

congrats !

codym

Quote from: badwolf on March 27, 2017, 08:37:36 AM
Any Lefty's shooting this gun? I'm wondering if the safety can be reversed? How's the recoil

I'm a lefty. I leave the safety as is since everything I shoot is backwards with the exception of my doubles of course. I will tell you my TSS loads pack a bunch but still much less recoil that a 12 with 3' mags.

DrDirtNap

SA-459 Speaks Again!  1 5/8 oz TSS works wonders.  Great gun and great results!

Ross R

It has been forever since I bought a gun last but everywhere I look this is out of stock. I Really would like to get my hands on one.