OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2015 Weatherby SA-459 Review/Patterns

Started by gophert, April 12, 2015, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tailwalk

Quote from: FLGobstopper on December 05, 2016, 05:46:01 PM
I just picked up one of the older versions used for a steal. I'm thinking about mounting a FFIII on it but concerned about how it will line up with the front sight.

Anyone mounted a red dot on one, what's your experience?

Thx
Was it the 2014 model? Interested in what they go for??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLGobstopper

Quote from: Tailwalk on January 10, 2017, 10:45:37 PM
I just picked up one of the older versions used for a steal. I'm thinking about mounting a FFIII on it but concerned about how it will line up with the front sight.

Thx
Was it the 2014 model? Interested in what they go for??

Yes the 2014 model. I lucked up and got it for $300 off Gunbroker. Slightly used but a 9.9 out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pullit

Got one on order, what choke do you think is best for this gun?

wvnut3

Quote from: pullit on January 19, 2017, 08:50:55 AM
[/quote For Fed heavyweight 7 Sumtoy, followed by Trulock.Lee

FL-Boss

Sumtoy will give you the most hits on paper.. and most wow effect.  Carlson extended non ported is best for world world hunting.. IMO.

gophert

I would go with the factor full that comes with it, but put it in a vise first and bend it a little.  It makes patterning it more challenging.  :TooFunny:

pullit

Quote from: gophert on January 19, 2017, 05:25:37 PM

I would go with the factor full that comes with it, but put it in a vise first and bend it a little.  It makes patterning it more challenging.  :TooFunny:

Can you be a little more clear, do I crush it sideways or up and down...... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

yelpaholic

Anybody looking for one of these guns  Van's in brandon ms can get them.  Had them order me one today For a really good price too..   16018259087.  ask for Gary

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: ccleroy on February 07, 2016, 12:08:48 PM
Just got mine back from getting a new dress for the ball........love this little 20.

:drool: :drool: :drool:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

deadbuck

Quote from: cutt down on January 02, 2017, 11:46:28 PM
Quote from: gophert on December 12, 2016, 12:19:42 PM

Thx

It is not quite that easy on this version. I have one and removing the screw removes nothing but the protective guard for the fiber optic sight. The tall front sight is soldered onto the barrel and only way to remove it is by heating it which will discolor the barrel badly, or taking to a machine shop and having it permanently removed by milling it off. Yes, the tall front ramp does interfere with the sight picture.

I believe thev front site can be removed on the 2014 model.  I have seen one that's been removed but not sure of the particulars on what they did.

Yes you can remove the front site. Allen screw & it comes right off.

cutt down

cutt down

Another one of the barrel post beneath the blade. This of course is on the model I have which is a 2014 I'm almost positive. The post does not interfere with the burris ffIII on mine. If the sight is soldered on the barrel then I'd have a gunsmith remove it. A good smith can do it no problem.

deadbuck

The screw comes down from the top on mine, not like yours at all. Mine is definitely soldered on. My gunsmith said it will discolor barrel badly and could affect the threads where the choke screws in. He advised against doing it. I think my only choice is to have it milled off at a machine shop. It would still look good that way but it would be gone forever. The dot on my Aimpoint is still above the sight so it is just an inconvenience, but I would like to get rid of it .

FL-Boss

Man I got so close to shooting a gobbler with that same gun - if he would have just walked the other way down the road!

Quote from: cutt down on January 31, 2017, 10:03:40 AM
Another one of the barrel post beneath the blade. This of course is on the model I have which is a 2014 I'm almost positive. The post does not interfere with the burris ffIII on mine. If the sight is soldered on the barrel then I'd have a gunsmith remove it. A good smith can do it no problem.

yelpaholic

Will the WIlliams rifle sights work on this gun.. just curious   not sure what sight to go with.. not a fan of battery powered sights  i am not good with turning them of.  presto dead battery