Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Here I go again!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 09, 2015, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Got to my hunt camp in SC tonight. I'm headed back out the turkeyless woods to try it again in the AM. After that, I am driving up to NC for their opener. I have a friend who lives on 400 acres with a bunch of turks that nobody hunts!! :funnyturkey: :drool:
He says they are gobbling good, and strutting. I'm am PUMPED!!!! :you_rock: :icon_thumright: With the miserable season I've had thus far, this seems like my best shot yet. :fud: :turkey: I'm gonna give it hell!!! Wish me luck brothers!!! :policeman: :firefighter:

Twowithone

Go get them gobblers up there in N C. Good luck. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

RutnNStrutn

They are gobbling every morning.......until flydown. Then they shut up. Seeing gobblers both days. Yesterday I worked 4 gobblers, until a hen took them away. Today I worked 5 gobblers, but they got in a fight, and ran off the 5th gobbler. It was way cool to watch, but blew my chances for a score. Passed on 4 jakes that went by at 10 yards. Saw 8 birds yesterday, and 18 birds today. There is turkey scratching like nothing I've ever seen before. :o
The place is loaded with birds, but my bad luck is reigning supreme, and tomorrow afternoon or evening the rain is moving in. Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be a washout with 90 & 100% chances of rain. So it's looking like tomorrow is my make or break day.
I'll let y'all know how it goes. It will be pretty sad if I come to a place like this and still don't score. So far this has been my worst season in 20 years. :(

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Deputy 14

Good luck. Hope you stretch ones neck in the morning.