OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Longbeard XR through the Benelli's

Started by ridgerunner, April 08, 2015, 05:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

Shot some Longbeard XR in 3 inch, #6 shot through my Super Vinci 28 in. barrel w/ IC .665 choke...also ran a couple through my SBE2 ,26 in. barrel, with the Hevi-shot xtreme range choke..40 yards...reckon I'm done patterning for this year.

catclr

Both of those birds are being roasted!

ridgerunner

Quote from: catclr on April 08, 2015, 10:00:00 AM

lol...good one..that's what i thought too.

10gaugemag

Quote from: ridgerunner on April 08, 2015, 12:45:06 PM

I prefer them smoked and looks like thats what they got.

Phire Phite

Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 08, 2015, 06:50:24 PM
Quote from: ridgerunner on April 08, 2015, 12:45:06 PM

I prefer them smoked and looks like thats what they got.

Deep fryer baby!!

beagler

Never Misses

10gaugemag

ridgerunner

I'm a skeptic so I wasn't buying on all the hype with these Longbeards......Until i shot them!....Now I can say they pattern better than anything else I've fired up to this point...I don't see how you can ask for any better..Great Ammo.

10gaugemag

Quote from: ridgerunner on April 08, 2015, 09:13:40 PM
I'm a skeptic so I wasn't buying on all the hype with these Longbeards......Until i shot them!....Now I can say they pattern better than anything else I've fired up to this point...I don't see how you can ask for any better..Great Ammo.
Hate to say it but 3" LB #5 makes my Gold shoot as good as my BPS 10 with what I have ran in the past. Time to get back to work with the 10.

Tennessee Lead

X2! I even went as far as dropping to a 3" over a 3&1/2" because the 3" out shot my other shells.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

ridgerunner

I shoot 3 inch also..they shoot best in my Benelli's

catclr

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on April 08, 2015, 11:56:51 PM

X2! I even went as far as dropping to a 3" over a 3&1/2" because the 3" out shot my other shells.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

I have stated on some other pattern post, "Just because your gun can shoot 3 1/2" shells, doesn't mean it likes them".

ridgerunner

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Twowithone

Gobbler coming out of the woods over your shoulder with those patterns for sure. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.