turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 20

Started by 10gaugemag, April 05, 2015, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

Anybody shooting a Franchi Affinity? If so how do you like it, performance/reliability? I looked at a 12 yesterday and really like the way it fit me. I am sure the dimensions would essentially be the same for a 20. Being such a light gun I am sure recoil with a 3" load would be a bit stiff from a recoil operated gun too.

brimmyfish

I have owned a 20 gauge Affinity for a couple of years now. It is one of the best pointing/handling shotguns that I have ever owned. The first weekend that I had it a friend and I killed 20 crows or so that Saturday morning. It is light and has worked very well for me while walking a lot rabbit hunting. Last year I ordered a Sumtoy customs choke for it so I could use it as a back up turkey gun. It puts up really great numbers with federal HW 3" #7's. I wouldn't feel like I was handicapped at all if I took it instead of the 12 to the Turkey woods this season. The recoil isn't too bad unless you are shooting the 3" mag shells through it. And even then it is very manageable. Hope this helps. For the money I think you would have a hard time beating this gun!!

reynolds243

I had one and loved it. Sold it for an M2 20 and looking back wish I had kept the affinity.

Shot carlsons 575 and HW7s lights out! 

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

10gaugemag

Quote from: reynolds243 on April 05, 2015, 02:51:59 PM
I had one and loved it. Sold it for an M2 20 and looking back wish I had kept the affinity.

Shot carlsons 575 and HW7s lights out! 

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka
Yeah I like how the return spring is in the forearm and not inside of the stock like an M2, easier to take care of if the gun gets caught in the rain or takes a dunk.