Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What a morning...

Started by Turkeykiller12, March 31, 2015, 03:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Sorry I haven't been updating regularly, we've been busy hunting. My little boy and I have been covered up in birds the last 3 days. Almost sealed the deal Sunday afternoon when a silent gobbler slipped in on us coming to our decoys but he needed to take a few more steps and he wouldn't. This morning we worked a bird for over an hour and Hunter finally got him about 9:30 am. To say I'm proud is an understatement. It's a lot of hard work getting a young kid into position to kill a bird but we made it work and without a blind. This ol' Georgia bird had a 10 1/4" beard 1 1/8" spurs and was just a bit over 20 lbs.

dirt road ninja

Great job!! A stud bird, shake little mans hand for me! Congrats to the both of you!!!

dirt road ninja

Needs a second congrats, I know how hard it can be with kids. Well done.

Swampchickin234

Awesome and congrats to the little turkey slayer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeykiller22

That is AWESOME!!!! Congrats man!!!!!! :turkey2: :turkey2: :turkey2: :turkey2: :turkey2:
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

davisd9

Way to go to the little Spur Collector! The tom is almost as big as the boy. Big pat on dad's back for trying so hard for him! I know you are proud. Just makes you want to say ... WOAH!!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bustabeak

Awesome! Congratulations to him!

Turkeykiller12

Thank you everyone. It's been a good week of hunting and I feel very blessed that he was able to get his first turkey.

WV Ridge Reaper

Good for him..He looks happy that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk