turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone using a browning 20 gauge?

Started by ahfox16, March 24, 2011, 05:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahfox16

I have an older model B-80 that I'm considering using.  It's got the invectors and 3" chambers.  Just wondering if anyone is using a Browning, what chokes are they using and shot etc.  PS.  Don't shoot this gun much, but all this talk about 20 gauges has me wondering.

R AJ

I am using the Browning in inv+ and have a Sumtoy choke that is a 563 I believe. It shoots H-13#7s or Federal HW #7s well enough to shoot to 40 yards. About 35 yards for lead loads in #6 for me.

blackpowder hunter

yes. bps upland special, 22" barrel, with a carlson flush mount turkey choke .585, ($18), fed. 3" hw #7.  40 yards 144 in 10" circle. the whole pattern is about 17" x 17".

TrackeySauresRex

My Son's BPS with a 28" barrel, shooting fed #7's. Using a browning full got 158 in a 10 @ 40 last season.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

West Augusta

I used my Browning Lightning Feather 20 ga. For a few years. I missed several birds with it. I ended up buying an 870 Express Super Mag.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

rdfirenut

I've got a BPS upland 22" invector barrel.
With a Comp-n-choke with Rem nitro #5, I got .8 pellet per inch coverage.
With Carson flush turkey choke with Prairie Storm #6, I got .7 pellet per inch coverage.
I'm not into expensive chokes and high dollar ammo, so both of these were
good for me at 30yds.  Hope this helps.

For HIS service,

R.D.
For HIS service