OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey thug or similar chair?  (Read 12133 times)

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
Turkey thug or similar chair?
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »
Cabelas had there chair on sale for 19.99, I almost grabbed it but got to thinking what do guys do on steep slopes, I find myself setting up on uneven ground often and figured it would be an issue.

I guess you could put a dead limb inder the front or back legs.

Offline kevin2

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Turkey thug or similar chair?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »
I got this chair a few years ago, and it is good anywhere. It has 4 different height levels, so you can adjust it to fit the situation OR your particular like. WAY easier to carry this in your vest OR snapped to your belt VS a chair/gobble lounger thingamajig!

http://nifftseat.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89G7rzAs3dk

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:37 AM »
87 dollars, really...I do not mind paying for quality but I can buy a ultra lite backpacking chair with a back for that coin, and there titanium.

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:03:51 AM »
I have a few. Turkey thug good noisy when you move, cabelas lounger better nice and quiet, Browning Alps best crazy comfy, the bigger size is perfect for me. Not good on hills though for any of the three.

Offline RussM311

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 02:59:49 PM »
There are a few places where the lounger will not work well..... however....for the other 95% of the time, it is perfect.  I would give up my favorite call before I would give up my lounger. The lounger increases my sitting time by 3 fold.

Offline kevin2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 05:06:33 PM »
I have to admit, I hate paying for anything, but sometimes it is worth it. I know this, it beats the sh1t out of anything else I've tried in the way of compact chairs. Best $87 I ever spent on a hunting item. Period. If you have to sit still for long times, then this can get it done.

If you need to be able to move/swivel without being clumsy, like you are in any other chair I've tried, then this is the item. If they could put a Lazy Boy with swivel and reclining action, all under a pound into a chair, then I'd buy that. Until then, when you are running and gunning without an enclosed blind to conceal you movements, then this is a great seat.

This little compact chair is more then just a chair. Check out the youtube videos on it. It is cleaver, lightweight, easily carried, well made, and deadly on game.

All the money we spend on hunting, I mean it is hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands. If I have to sit, I like to at least feel reasonably comfortable. $87 is nothing, when you look at the rest that is spent on this sport. It can be a LOOOOONGGG day sitting!

87 dollars, really...I do not mind paying for quality but I can buy a ultra lite backpacking chair with a back for that coin, and there titanium.

Offline Big Treble

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/736642-mac-sports-camo-turkey-seat.html#.VRXTmNq9KSM

I got this one it seems pretty well built, I'm about 6'2 and 270lbs and the first time I sat down in it I fell into it with a thud and it held up well. and is very comfortable.

Feeling too old to sit that low. LOL

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:12:52 PM »
I've got a couple of those gobbler loungers.  On steeper ground, I'll kick soil away from the tree to help level it some.  The 4 independent feet help it stay sturdy.  It is easy to sit still for long periods day after day in a lounger if you need to.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline MACHINIST

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:23:09 PM »
I use the gobbler lounger and love it.I recently bought a sling style seat that attaches to a tree that I use for deer and that is the absolute best seat that I have used.Takes about 1 to 2 mins to set up so it's not a run and gun thing,and if you don't have a tree it won't work either

Offline Capt. Randy

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 07:29:15 PM »
I heard from a fellow turkey hunter buddy that the most comfortable chair is the San Angelo everest chair. I have searched all over for 2 of them with no luck. If someone sees some hit me up. I heard they are great!

Offline gergg

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:58 PM »
I have to admit, I hate paying for anything, but sometimes it is worth it. I know this, it beats the sh1t out of anything else I've tried in the way of compact chairs. Best $87 I ever spent on a hunting item. Period. If you have to sit still for long times, then this can get it done.

If you need to be able to move/swivel without being clumsy, like you are in any other chair I've tried, then this is the item. If they could put a Lazy Boy with swivel and reclining action, all under a pound into a chair, then I'd buy that. Until then, when you are running and gunning without an enclosed blind to conceal you movements, then this is a great seat.

This little compact chair is more then just a chair. Check out the youtube videos on it. It is cleaver, lightweight, easily carried, well made, and deadly on game.

All the money we spend on hunting, I mean it is hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands. If I have to sit, I like to at least feel reasonably comfortable. $87 is nothing, when you look at the rest that is spent on this sport. It can be a LOOOOONGGG day sitting!

I watched the video on this seat, my gut feeling is that it would not be very comfortable beyond 30 minutes, maybe I'm wrong, but my lounger is comfy for hours.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Offline Phire Phite

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
I like the lounger a lot, very comfy to sit for extended periods.  What is not as good, is when you get those pesky birds that like to circle around you.  I find it makes turning a lot more difficult..

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 08:35:02 AM »
I heard from a fellow turkey hunter buddy that the most comfortable chair is the San Angelo everest chair. I have searched all over for 2 of them with no luck. If someone sees some hit me up. I heard they are great!

http://www.rei.com/product/767162/gci-outdoor-everywhere-chair
These are not camouflage, but it is the design you're after. A buddy of mine has one like this and just slides a camo T-shirt over the back of his. I've had one of these for 12 years (when they were made by GCI Outdoors) and they do sit great.  You can adjust the back up or down according to the angle of the ground you're set up on.  A warning though, instead of independent feet, these chairs have a bar in front and one in back that runs side to side between the legs.  If you have roots that stick out from the tree, you'll have to sit away from the tree a little.  They're nowhere near as portable as a gobbler lounger because they don't fold up as tight.  If you have a good place to set up and won't have to tote it through lots of limbs, there's none better.  But, if you have to go through any kind of thick cover or have uneven ground, stick with a Gobbler Lounger.

https://www.gcioutdoor.com/outdoor-recliners/everywhere-chair.htm  This is the manufacturer's page.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 08:44:03 AM by Cut N Run »
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline kevin2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 08:40:51 AM »
I agree, a lounger is more comfy, but it also weighs in at nearly 7lbs, and it isn't what I'd call compact and easy to haul around the woods on a run and gun mission. Been there. This little seat is for a completely different day of hunting.

I watched the video on this seat, my gut feeling is that it would not be very comfortable beyond 30 minutes, maybe I'm wrong, but my lounger is comfy for hours.

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 10:31:40 AM »
I searched rei and missed that chair somehow, looks interesting!