Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Season is coming up!

Started by JuniorPre 360, March 26, 2015, 10:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuniorPre 360

Just wanted to stop in and see how everything is going. I've been very inactive. I have our first born son in and out of the hospital for appointments, work, and a lot of other crap going on. I managed so far to get a new Avian X hen decoy, a new steady grip installed on my M3500, found my lost turkey call, and went out and got my OTC turkey tag. I'll hopefully do some more scouting here in the next few weeks. My season opens in May. Hope the team is all doing well.

Efey

Not a bad start to my first season! Seeing plenty of birds. Haven't put one down yet though. Maybe this weekend!

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: Efey on March 26, 2015, 10:50:53 AM
Not a bad start to my first season! Seeing plenty of birds. Haven't put one down yet though. Maybe this weekend!

Are you hunting public or private land?

GomerPyle

Glad to see you back.  I know there'd been some question as to your whereabouts lately.  I'd seen on the other forum we're on that you'd been having a lot going on with your kid.  Hope he's doing ok and we'll be praying for him and y'all.
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

Big Treble

I'm all jacked up and ready, got in some deal with the local chapter of the NWTF, and get to go out with a Mentor since I'm a newbie. This also gets me in on a hunt before the regular season opens.  The part that sucks is get to go the day before Easter for one day then have to twiddle my thumbs for 3 weeks until my season opens.

kevin2

I'm still in the waiting mode too! Looking at decoys to buy, adding and subtracting from my vest, selling unused calls, you know the drill!

Going to go shoot my bow tomorrow. I have a new peep sight coming in the mail, so as soon as it comes, I'm off to the bow club to put it on and sight it in! FUN stuff.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!