Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

And we're on the board!

Started by blackmagic, March 22, 2015, 03:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmagic

(well after I'm done being lazy and upload the official pics)

Twowithone

Congrats that's a nice rope on that gobbler cant see the spurs.Way to go for Team Guns&Hoses. :firefighter: :policeman:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

blackmagic

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

Mountainburd

Good work. Nice bird.  How about a story?

Hayudog

Good start.  Nice bird.  It's time to live vicariously thru others.... Tell the story.

Deputy 14

Nice. Good start to the year.

blackmagic

Turkeywhacker and I paired off with his father and brother to hunt an area I had scouted a couple of weeks before hand and Whacker sat in on during the youth hunt.  I had seen 4 shooters in there so we just knew someone was due to get a crack at one.  Gray light came and I only hear a couple of faint gobbles....unfortunately, we're not in the mix knowing that they'd make it to some pastureland before we'd be able to play with them.  About an hour into the hunt I see a few birds strolling down a clearing and of course the bird I pull over is a hen that walks on through and eventually makes it down to TW's setup.  Good practice, excited as its opening day and I've gotten to at least see a bird.  Fast forward a few loooong hours of nothing.  TW's brother decides to pull out a box call for the first time, as we've been hitting them with glass, copper, mouth calls and nothing.  He hits it and I hear a double gobble a good quarter mile away.  He says "I don't hear anything..."  wait a couple of minutes, the wind quiets down and I tell him to hit it again.  BOOM, bird fires off, this time about 200yds away.  "Cool, let's get him in here!".......tbc

RutnNStrutn

Good job Rey, and congrats on your bird!! :icon_thumright: :you_rock:

TURKEYWHACKER

I know "the rest of the story". But I aint gonna steal a buddies thunder. :-X

RutnNStrutn

Twowithone

Ill wait patiently for part 2 of this story. :popcorn:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

blackmagic

So....next thing I see is a frantic bird, head up high about 80 yds out bobbing and weaving side to side between the trees.

He disappeared to my left and afraid he lost interest, I cut at him and he gobbled and coming fast.  See him at 30, but don't have a shot and need him to move over about 10ft ;)  20 yds at a bad angle, I purr and he's fired up!  I swear the leaves were shaking all around us with that last gobble.  He's in full strut now, this is fun, i scratch the leaves, the bird comes over, head gets behind a tree, gun goes up :fud:....game over.  Turkeywhackers's bro said he had just put the bird in his scope and watched him back flip when he got whacked. 

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like an AWESOME hunt Rey!!! :icon_thumright: :you_rock: :fud: :turkey: