OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

M2 Compact 24" HW #7

Started by Ranger007, March 19, 2015, 05:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger007

Got the new M2 compact 24" out today for a few shots on paper.  4 shots of HW #7 at 40 with IC .555

#1 -- 157
#2 --127
#3 -- 171
#4 -- 158

#5 -- 149 with crio factory full

POI was a few inches high every shot. Anyway to easily get this down without sights?
I know I can aim low but with the double bead system which way should I go to get a lower POI? Cover more of the front bead or less?

reynolds243

Stack the beads

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that coo

Dtrkyman

yep, beads should look like a number 8!

Ranger007

Thanks.

I will try that.

After the week I have had with my 12 gauges looks like the M2 will be my starter instead of a backup.

reynolds243

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 19, 2015, 06:55:59 PM
yep, beads should look like a number 8!

Actually my point was you should have them as a figure 8 now that's the starting point. If you have done that and it's high then stack the beads together so the overlap. If you already are doing that then you may need sights or try and adjust the shims

"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Ranger007

I was shooting with the rear bead in line with the front bead. Could hardly see any red on the front Bead. Would figure 8 (red front bead on top of metal rear bead) Lower the POI?

VAarrowslinger

Quote from: Ranger007 on March 19, 2015, 08:34:17 PM
I was shooting with the rear bead in line with the front bead. Could hardly see any red on the front Bead. Would figure 8 (red front bead on top of metal rear bead) Lower the POI?

That would raise poi more.

Ranger007

Just to clarify figure "8" would raise POI correct?

Any ideas on shims? Really don't want to put sights unless it's a scope or red dot

reynolds243

Yes if you originally lined the beads overlapping a 8 would raise poi. You can try shims and they can help some but it won't fix 3"-4" off.

WV Ridge Reaper

Awesome numbers..I have to ask,did you clean your barrel in between shots ?

I just got the same gun,same barrel length..I haven't shot mine on paper yet...You would think when you spend that much for a gun it would shoot where you aim.

Anyway if it was me I would put some tru glo magum gobble dot pro sights on it...That's if you can find them,good luck with that..You'll need the 6mm ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger007

Found a 5" champion easy hit and put it on today went back to the range POI lowered to a manageable level now.

Pulled a bore snake x2 between each shot. I guess you would call that clean???

First shot not so heavy of a pattern, but POI was lowered

Second shot was better pattern POI down from yesterday also

30 yards just for the hell of it was really nice POI perfect and around 100 more pellets than 40

reynolds243

Yup totally forgot about adding a larger front sight. I actually have the exact same sight on my M2 and didn't even think of it lol

01Foreman400

That 171 is a dandy. 

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

01Foreman400

Nice patterns.

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Ranger007

2 more shots today with Trulock HW #7 choke for the M2

Not terrible but maybe my barrel needs more of a cleaning than a few passes with the bore snake. POI also lower with this choke