OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SpeedBead Stock Mod For Winchester SX3

Started by BurrisOptics, March 23, 2011, 05:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurrisOptics

The Winchester SX3 is the only mounting system besides the Remingtons that require a stock modification.  Winchester has changed their stock to receiver configuration since we designed this mount and now requires some work.  This is just a real quick run through of the necessary modification.

This is what your stock may look like.  Winchester has changed the stock several times over the last few years so it may be slightly different.  It makes no difference as the modification will be the same.  

When you place the mount on the stock you will notice there is excess material.  Mark the outline of the mount.  This will be your guide when you start removing that raised material.  You can see in the picture above what it should look like after you've marked it.

Slowly remove the excess material with a rotary tool and cutting wheel.  

You should have something that looks like this when you are done.

You can now continue with the mounting process as usual.

X-Tennessean

Thanks for posting this !! :thanks:
I just have to decide now which of the two I want to go with so any of you guys that have the X2 or X3 or even the browning's if you can please post some pics of your killers and throw some pro's and con's of your setup please. I want to remain as low as I can or maintain the natural form when shooting, I have one of each and the X3 is gonna be a dedicated turkey gun so I am not beyond drilling and tapping if that is what it takes, I would just like to see a setup of both ways if at all possible.

X-Tennessean