turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Groundblind help

Started by RiverRoost, March 17, 2015, 03:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Never turkey hunted out of a ground blind and They are calling for rain here sometime Saturday and light rain Sunday. I'm going to be hunting both mornings as long as not raining hard. I found a bunch of tracks and scat up and down a section of logging road in the woods yesterday. My question is can I hunt the woods Saturday morning until it starts raining then just pop up the blind in a curve in the road just on the edge of wood line and see what comes down the road and not spook the birds?

dirt road ninja

I've done that same thing before with no trouble. Sometimes I will brush the blind in, makes me feel better, but I doubt it makes a difference.

shaman

Go for it. 
I don't know if your blind is waterproof.  Mine wasn't, and it started to leak right away. My fix was to use a camo tarp  to catch the water and shuttle it down the back of the blind on the inside. That makeshift fix has worked for over a dozen years.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

10gaugemag

Wont bother them a bit. I have actually killed gobblers within 5 minutes of popping a blind up. They never notice a thing, deer on the other hand are a different story.

RiverRoost

Awesome. I think this is going to be a pretty decent spot and figure more time in there the better

Dtrkyman

No worries, I have popped a blind right in front of 50 plus roosted birds in Nebraska on many occasions, even had them sail into my decoys like ducks!

dejake

hard rain = hunt the fields