turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sighting in My scope.

Started by Hootowl, March 23, 2011, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

I went to the range today, and was trying to get my Tru-glo red dot scope dialed in. I started at 10 yards and would blow a Hole in the Target, with light loads (Dove Loads) after I got my scope set I moved back to 20 30 and 40 yards, and was getting about 110 pellets in a 10 circle is that ok. And at 40 yards it was probably about 90 or so. The shells were Hevi-shot Mag blend.

Hoot

SKFOOTER

They should pattern much better than that.  What gun and size choke are you shooting them thru??

Hootowl

Mossberg 12 gauge, 26 inch barrel, Jellyhead constriction .660

Hoot

cannonball

I believe the Jelly Head for a Mossberg is .690.  Either way something is not right here. You should be getting twice the amount of pellets that you counted.

Hootowl

Mine is a .660. I am headed back out tomorrow, and trying some different ammo. Nitro, federal, and a few more.....

Hoot

BOFF

What model Mossberg?

God Bless,
David B.

Hootowl

500 Turkey series, I was going to go back and recheck today, but we had a 40 degree temp drop from yesterday, I will wait...I know I can get better, maybe with diferent shells.

cannonball

Quote from: Hootowl on March 23, 2011, 11:14:28 PM
Mine is a .660. I am headed back out tomorrow, and trying some different ammo. Nitro, federal, and a few more.....

Hoot

Sorry I have the Mossberg 835 on my brain since I own one, they are the .690.  I don't know much about the 500 Mossberg, but I would think it should do better than that.

Hootowl

Got mine from Primos, they don't have it the .660 on there website you have to call and ask for it. No Problem.

Hoot

hookedspur

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 23, 2011, 05:03:58 PM
They should pattern much better than that.  What gun and size choke are you shooting them thru??
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

archery1

try the hevi 6' or 7's.. make sure you deep clean barrel for best patterns for sure
Take a kid hunting