turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mueller Quick Shot on B-Square Saddle Mount

Started by greenheadIL, March 23, 2011, 03:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenheadIL

Ok guys, I have a question for all of you in regards to a Mueller Quick Shot mounted on a B Square saddle mount on a Benellie SBE 1.  Do you guys think the B Square will be able to keep the zero close without moving it all the time?  If not, I probably could have it drilled and tapped, but I use this gun for everything and would have to remove it after every turkey season.  I'm hoping this B  Square will hold this tight, what do you guys think?

Thanks

bowhunter32

have had one on my mossy 935 for three years, never had any trouble with it..great thing is, if something happens to yur optics in the field you can still use yur irons!

TauntoHawk

The only problem I'd see is that the b square mount sights high and the mueller is also high. By the time you get a raised comb you could have just gotten the gun drilled and tapped.. IMO
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shotgun Dave

I have had nothing but great performance from the THREE B-Square mounts I have had for years !!! Sound like your on the right track !!! Good luck David
All things work together for good !!!

greenheadIL

THanks guys, we'll see how it works soon.  I'm wondering if all the b square's allow you to see under to your fixed sights?  The one I have for my Benelli doesn't have the notch under the rail, it is basically the same shape as the top of my reciever.  My gun is at a different location so I can't test it, but I'm nervous I won't be able to see my beads below in case something happens to the red dot.

greenheadIL

cannonball

I have used 2 b-square mounts. One on a Mossberg 835, and another on a Remington 870 SM. No problems with either one.  :icon_thumright:

greenheadIL

Thanks guys this a little reassuring.  You always hear some nightmare stories of guys with B Squares not being able to keep it zeroed in with it constantly being knocked off zero. 

greenheadIL

Well I'm just going to mount this now and noticed that there is not 2 pin holes on the Benelli, there is the back one and for the front pin of the saddle mount, it goes just underneat the reciever and fits snug to the bottom of the reciever.  Anyone have one like this?  I'm hoping it holds out on its zero.