OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli M2 jebs 555

Started by reynolds243, March 15, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Shot from 2 guns, one with 24" barrel and one with 26"

70 degrees
40yds laser
Federal heavyweight 7s (2 different boxes)
Jebs 555 non ported

Very underwhelming

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

BowBendr

Man, those guns sure didn't like that choke, did they ?
I've never had good luck with any 20 and a choke that tight.

Sent from Gobblers Knob, NC

surehuntsalot

Quote from: BowBendr on March 15, 2015, 09:06:00 PM

me either, none of my 20's like anything below a .565
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

reynolds243

That's what they recommend in the M2 which has me puzzled for sure. A lot of $ for a blown out pattern out of 2 different guns.  Not bashing jebs I'm sure they will take care of it one way or another tomorrow when my buddy calls them but man I was was very disappointed and glad I didn't spent the $100 on it

"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

01Foreman400

Send them back.  They'll take care of you until you're happy.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

darron

Quote from: BowBendr on March 15, 2015, 09:06:00 PM

Really? Must be your gun. I have seen a lot of people, including myself, get fantastic patterns with the SSX in .550.

01Foreman400

That load can be finicky.  I've seen chokes that where made for that load shoot worse than that.

reynolds243

Agreed but those chokes are not $100. In addition I have now seen 5 patters from 5 guns with a jebs 555 and 7s and they all suck.

Yes they have great customer service but a choke that much AND that is the choke the recommend for this gun yet it sucks it all the m2s I've seen shoot it tells me something personally.

Again yes they will change it out and will make sure your happy but man 5 different guns with 4 differnt 555 jebs and 5 differnt boxes of shells and none were impressive.  I mean I shouldn't  have to send chokes back and forth to get it right.

01Foreman400

I understand completely.  Do you think pattern is blown?  Too tight?

reynolds243

Yeah according to them it's too tight and blowing the pattern.  Just odd to me that is the one they suggest though. Maybe the 5 I personally have seen are the exceptions who knows and I'm sure they make a great choke but man just not all that impressed at the moment personally. If the choke was $50 maybe a different conversation.

Snoodsniper

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 18, 2015, 06:06:10 PM
Agreed but those chokes are not $100. In addition I have now seen 5 patters from 5 guns with a jebs 555 and 7s and they all suck.

Yes they have great customer service but a choke that much AND that is the choke the recommend for this gun yet it sucks it all the m2s I've seen shoot it tells me something personally.

Again yes they will change it out and will make sure your happy but man 5 different guns with 4 differnt 555 jebs and 5 differnt boxes of shells and none were impressive.  I mean I should have to send chokes back and forth to get it right.

If you have that much bad feedback why didn't he try a different constriction to begin with?

reynolds243

These were all different guys in different states that just happened to all buy at the same time AND that is what owner recommend as the best option. This thread was from a buddies he brought over and we both shot it with different ammo. He called and they are sending him a 560 and I will test it as well.

I really don't want to bash jebs as they will make it right or refund their money and I'm sure they make a fine choke I just have not seen a single thing to warrant the cost.