OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Whay's up guys? Need some chatter among the team.

Started by TN Beard Buster, March 11, 2015, 09:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I blew it. I called a bird in from nearly half a mile. He was 22 yards when I shot an rolled him. I was fixing to get up and get him and he rolled over and stuck his head up. I shot and never touched him. He took off and the third shot never touched him. I looked for him for two hours without a trace of blood. I ran to town and got a big box. I went back out and shot it at 22 yards. The bottom of the pattern was over a foot above my aiming point. I started checking the gun over. Loose choke tube. :( Well we have next weekend..............

TNTRKYHunter

Hang in there reflexl. you will get another chance at one!! Good Luck.

Trevor2

I've still only heard a single gobble but I've called a lonesome hen in twice now lol. Be back out there Friday
Strutstopper

Trevor2

Back at it again today guys. Sitting in the blind watching a food plot in this rain storm. I hate "deer hunting" turkeys but with this rain and being bird less last year I'll do whatever it takes. Good luck guys
Strutstopper

reflexl

Well we have a upgrade as soon as I get the pics Tn Beard Buster.Too bad we can't count all the beards because he nailed a 3 bearded monster!

timberjack86

Quote from: reflexl on April 10, 2015, 05:25:57 PM
Well we have a upgrade as soon as I get the pics Tn Beard Buster.Too bad we can't count all the beards because he nailed a 3 bearded monster!
Yep, Its a monster! :you_rock:

darn2ten

TNTRKYHunter

Got another good bird Thursday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor2

I blew it at 828 yesterday morning. Fought with this big bird all morning and finally got him to 30 yards and idk what happened but I missed him.
Strutstopper