OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

30 yd shell

Started by rock54, April 28, 2015, 07:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock54

lookn  and wondern about these new super pheasant winchester 3in #6 shot, 1 1/4 shot...

for killn turkeys 10-30yds, not much into high numbers at 40yds in 10in circle, just killn birds...

anybody test or shoot theses shells....or have any thoughts on them...thanks russ

surehuntsalot

you should have no problems with birds out to 30-35 yds with these shells
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jodyp427

Just about any shell will work if you get the bird close. Just pattern your gun at 20,25,30 and 35. That way you know what range you need to get the bird to. Be a good hunter and don't try to shoot a bird at 50 or 60 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longshanks

Not sure about those but I have a couple of boxes of Winchester Super X High Brass 1 1/4  6's and 7.5's and I wouldn't hesitate to hunt inside 30yds with them. They shoot great patterns out of my 870's/ Kicks .655 I am actually going start my kids out on the 12guage with these loads turkey hunting.

rock54

sorry guys should have been more clear...

ive killd 18 birds with a 20gauge and simple lead shells

all within the 30yd mark, i am just into killn birds, not countn pellets at 40yd, to each his own...

heard these shells were awesome, just wondern if anybody knew for sure first hand...

thanks for all you guys time, russ

Ihuntoldschool

Like posted above should be fine for 30-35 yards with the right choke.  Long as you are just into killin birds within that range and not a step further you should be fine.  If you shoot one a step further you would be better off with a turkey load or heavier payload.

howl

That's got more pop than some of the low recoil turkey shells.

WV TURKEY THUG

i witnessed a guy kill two birds with one shot with a remington 2 3/4 high brass 5 shot out of a old double barrel shotgun atleast 30 yds away i think your load will do fine. good luck