turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TBT - Throw Back Thread

Started by jblackburn, February 20, 2015, 04:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I figured that until seasons started to open up that we should have a place to share hunts from time gone by.

This is what started it all for me!  Nobody in my immediate family turkey hunted, so I learned to call on a diaphragm and called this two year old in 1998, by myself!

This is the end of what is easily the best hunting trip I have been on.  This was (at the time) the entire Gooserbat staff.  Six toms in 5 days in CO and KS.  All either door knocking or walk in hunting.  I took both mine on the same day, one morning and one evening

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

Here's another good memory.  This was 2012 and was my first Oklahoma limb hanger and the first hunt I had ever filmed.

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

One more.  This is my best bird to date, from 2009.  This central MO bird gave us the run around for a couple hours and finally made his last mistake at 12:45 pm! MO season closes daily at 1:00.

He weighed 25 pounds on the dot, had 1 1/4 hooks and a 12 1/2 inch beard!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

turkey harvester

Here are a couple. This is my first bird. 20lbs, 11" beard. notice the cool camo we wore.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.