Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

IDEA: Google Hang-out Weekly Scouting/Hunting Session

Started by bamagtrdude, January 20, 2015, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Hey guys, I'm a BIG believer in using new technology to "get better" at our sport...

Wondering what you guys thought about doing a weekly Google Hang-out (I think that's what it's called) session where we all get together, share scouting/hunting reports, throw out scenarios, etc.?

Let me know; I'd be game to doing that on Sunday evenings with y'all, if you think that'd be helpful...

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Bigeclipse

Quote from: bamagtrdude on January 20, 2015, 12:44:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm a BIG believer in using new technology to "get better" at our sport...

Wondering what you guys thought about doing a weekly Google Hang-out (I think that's what it's called) session where we all get together, share scouting/hunting reports, throw out scenarios, etc.?

Let me know; I'd be game to doing that on Sunday evenings with y'all, if you think that'd be helpful...

BGD

hope this doesn't sound dumb, but how exactly do we "get together"?

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 20, 2015, 04:14:48 PM

BGD

Search "Google Hangouts" & read up about it; we would all get online, with PC & webcams (or if your mobile device supports it) on a Google Hangout & chat with one another.  BASICALLY, it's like video conferencing with a bunch of people, all at the same time!
---

Bigeclipse

Quote from: bamagtrdude on January 20, 2015, 04:24:52 PM

BGD

Search "Google Hangouts" & read up about it; we would all get online, with PC & webcams (or if your mobile device supports it) on a Google Hangout & chat with one another.  BASICALLY, it's like video conferencing with a bunch of people, all at the same time!

Oh that's pretty cool. I'd be interested as long as it's not during the superbowl haha

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 20, 2015, 05:38:39 PM
Quote from: bamagtrdude on January 20, 2015, 04:24:52 PM

BGD

Oh that's pretty cool. I'd be interested as long as it's not during the superbowl haha

Nope - I was thinking of it more as a "debrief" at the end of every week, during the season, to just hear what's going on, hear what's working vs. not, make setup/calling recommendations, etc.

Again, just an idea, but I think it'd be a pretty good Team Noob "virtual support group" for us...
---