Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

FREE OFFER: Skype "evaluation" of your calling

Started by bamagtrdude, January 20, 2015, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Hey guys, with the advent of the Inter-webs & video "conferencing" deals like Skype, I wanted to throw out an offer to "evaluate" your calling via Skype, if any of you are interested in doing that.

Just let me know; I know one of the FIRST two questions I had were, how do I setup on a bird & how do I call to him?

I'd love to help you refine your calling, listen to your calling, etc. & give you some helpful tips/tricks that I've learned over the years...  Send me a PM & I'll schedule this with you over the next few weeks, if you'd think that'd be helpful to ya.

Take care,
BGD (aka Mark)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Bigeclipse

This is  GREAT idea!  I may take you up on this but I have an avid turkey hunter at work who said he would check out my calling skills.

I do think everyone on our team should consider this if they do not have someone to help them in person.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 20, 2015, 02:37:43 PM
This is  GREAT idea!  I may take you up on this but I have an avid turkey hunter at work who said he would check out my calling skills.

I do think everyone on our team should consider this if they do not have someone to help them in person.

10-4; you guys just let me know...  I'm not saying I'm an "expert" but I believe I can help most noob's get proficient enough to kill a bird w/their calling.

AGAIN, if you're interested in this, just PM me thru OG & we'll setup a time to check it out...
---

bamagtrdude

Hey guys, BTW, I just got an iPhone (I know, I know, I'm slow, alright?!?!!  ;) and I've got Skype & this thing called WhatsApp that lets me do video chats...  So, offer still open; if you don't have anyone to listen to your calling & TELL YOU that you sound like a turkey, give me a holler thru PM & we'll setup a time to check your calling out.

AGAIN I'm not a pro-level caller, don't compete @ NWTF regionals, etc. - but I've managed to deck a few birds & can tell you a good turkey call vs. one you need to work on a bit more...
---

bamagtrdude

Hey guys, I held my first Skype turkey calling session last night & it worked pretty darn well...  You can reach me via Facebook, "Bama GuitarDude", which is also my Skype account name...  I did both audio & video last night with a guy in Florida, and although it was jittery at times, it worked MUCH better than I had expected it would...

Pretty cool; again, this offer is still on the table...  Once season begins here on March 14th, I probably won't have much time to do this, so ...  Get it while it's hot!  It was really cool (and gratifying) -- this guy found me through my YouTube videos/tutorials...  Neat to see that -- at least 1 person -- is watching!  :)  I know that guy's gonna kill some birds, he's got the fire in the belly; really cool to "virtually mentor" folks...

BGD
---

BC

bamagtrdude

---

BC

Quote from: bamagtrdude on February 16, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: BC on February 16, 2015, 03:00:12 PM
LMAO

'bout what?

When I read this thread I got a visual of you sitting in front of a computer with an apple and a ruler in front of you screaming "No your cadence is off!!!!!!!" and angrily scribbling D - and circling it with a red marker.

Just thought it was funny.  ;D

bamagtrdude

Quote from: BC on February 17, 2015, 07:39:58 AM
Quote from: bamagtrdude on February 16, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: BC on February 16, 2015, 03:00:12 PM
LMAO
'bout what?
When I read this thread I got a visual of you sitting in front of a computer with an apple and a ruler in front of you screaming "No your cadence is off!!!!!!!" and angrily scribbling D - and circling it with a red marker.  Just thought it was funny.  ;D

HAHA!!  Nah, man, it's nothing like that; we just mostly talked about strategies, calling techniques, etc...  I'm a pretty easy-going, encouraging teacher, bro!  :)

BGD
---

BC

bamagtrdude

Quote from: BC on February 17, 2015, 08:11:33 AM
The visual is what got me.......... ;D

OH YA!!  haha; I honestly did NOT know how well this would work out, but ...  surprisingly, it worked out great!!  My connection & his connection was a little "glitchy" but it worked...
---

bamagtrdude

205 views & nobody's hit me up via PM...  Wow, you guys must REALLY know how to rock your calls...  That being the case, I have HIGH HOPES for our team winning this competition...

Awesome!   :wave:  It's either that, *OR* we've got other teams/OG members snoopin' in on our action over here on Team Noob...   hhmmmm....  Wonder if we've got some of 'em worried...  hhhmmm...

:goofball:

BGD
---